problem in touch panel (ESA,505w)

harrydeharry

Dear All,

I am facing problem in touch panel of ESA{505W,v 1.17,Italy}. Problem is that when I touch some buttons on screen it doesn't sense the touch. Also when numeric keypad got dispaled on screen and say I touch key "5" then "4" gets pressed which just placed on L.H.S of "5", same when "9" then "8" got pressed.
I feel that it may be the problem of calibration of Touch screen, but I don't how do it.Also I don't have any backup of it.

Please help and yes thanks in advance.

Regards.

try cleaning the screen, if dirt / food gets on a screen and dries it can make it press into the screen enough to activate that section. other then that it's possinle to wear out a portion of the screen in which case you'll have to replace it and/or have it repaired.

But sreeen looks physically in good condition and clean srceen.
Please tell me the procedure of caliberation of screen and also which software is required for taking the backup.

Regards.

Hello Harry: I don't have any exp with esa ts's. so can't help you with the specifics,
However I did Google "ESA Touchscreen" came up with numerous hits regarding cap screen failures, also found the esa company website. esa is one of those company's that require you to sign in. So you will have to goto the esa website and create an account, in order to download the manuals software etc.

Thank u Tracer,
I talked to the technical people of ESA and they told me the procedure of caliberation, after doing the caliberation touch screen starts working properly.
The procedure is just open the backplate of pannel, you will find a jumper there, remove the jumper from pin 2&3 and make in on pin 1&2.
Then power up the touch panel, a cailberation window will appear and follow the instructions.

Regards.

Thank u Tracer,
I talked to the technical people of ESA and they told me the procedure of caliberation, after doing the caliberation touch screen starts working properly.
The procedure is just open the backplate of pannel, you will find a jumper there, remove the jumper from pin 2&3 and make in on pin 1&2.
Then power up the touch panel, a cailberation window will appear and follow the instructions.

Regards.

Hi
I have faced the same problem with ESA VT505W. I opened the black plate, there is a jumper but haven't numbered it. just only 3 pins. So can you give more details

It's possible to control the button code doesn't completely overlap in the specified location, in general, is a hardware failure.