PView+ 700 (Touch and Keypad) Disabling Touch?

dipan

Hey folks,

We have a PView+ 700 here that I've gotten set up. I've been told that it's possible to disable the touch screen on these but I can't seem to figure out how. The closest I've come is disable the 'Touch' property on all my buttons but the ability to touch the screen still persists when using numeric input objects (since it pulls up a touch keypad).

Is there anyway to completely disable the touchscreen to force our operators to use the physical keypads?

Looked through the config menu on the panelview and nothing comes close to letting us disable the screen. Maybe I'm missing something?

The room this panelview is going in is potentially very dirty and we'd like for the screen to stay relatively clean.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

This is definitely something I'll look into - thank you!

But it looks like there aren't any properties I can disable to get rid of touch functionality, that's a bummer.

In the case of the NumericInput object, you can select Scratchpad. On the properties:

Numeric - > Pop-up settings -> Scratchpad

From the FTV help:
Pressing the object will invoke the numeric scratchpad. To use the scratchpad, the computer running the application must have an external keyboard or keypad
Then you can go to Key Assignments (left click on the NumericInput object) and assign a key. Also you need to add a text near each NumericInput indicating what key is linked to the object.

However, the user can touch the NumericInput yet and get the Scratchpad. I exported a test screen to xml and found that NumericInput has a Touch property (touch="true"). I'm not sure if changing that property to false will do the magic you're looking for.

In any case, at least for other objects, you can export all the screens and change:

touch="true" -> touch="false"

And export the xml files into the project.

---------------
Maybe you'll need to cover the PV with an acrylic transparent sheet. Disabling the touch function doesn't mean people won't touch.