Rslogix5000 motion

ghriver

Hi all. This is a machine programmed by the manufacturer. There is an event task and the event tag is a MOTION_GROUP tag. Screenshot
axis.event.png
. Since the tag contains many sub(?) tags, does that mean any tag in the array of tags changes value then the event-based task will execute?

As I understand it, the Motion Group Execution trigger is not a change-of-state detector for all of those sub tags.

Instead, using a Motion Group as the execution trigger for an Event task causes the Event Task to execute at the same period as the Motion Group's Base Update Period.

Usually the Motion Group interrupts everything else, so the Event task runs immediately after it.

But I think you can invert that with Priority values.

The basic explanation starts on Page 43 of the Logix 5000 Controllers, Tasks, Programs, and Routines manual.

https://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/pm/1756-pm005_-en-p.pdf