fasacrifice

Hi,

I've just started to get this error when I start the Logix Designer

"LogixDesigner.exe Start Error
One of the following license is required
CodeMeterAct 5000325:4000000000
Failure Reason: The CmActLicense has to be activated again,
Error 263"

I've searched but no luck also uninstalled and installed again and still no luck.

Any Idea?

Found the solution,

Uninstall "Rockwell Automation CM Runtime" and then install it again from the installation folder, \Studio 5000\24.00.00\Redist\CodeMeter_5.20.1\Rockwell Automation CM.msi

Yes, I've mentioned this before here how Logix Designer will not run unless it's third party but incorporated CodeMeter security service is not running.

Official reference to the above fix...

626695 - Studio 5000: CodeMeterAct, CmActLicence Error 263
Access Level: TechConnect

Regards,
George

Thanks Guys. You have once again saved my ***. I love this forum.
I do miss people like Lancie and PLCKid though that arent posting anymore.

Just as a follow-up to this thread...

I just had this issue after my computer crashed (working in hot environments...). Had to dig for some time before finding what's wrong.

The "Rockwell Automation CM Runtime" actually shows up as "CodeMeter Runtime Kit vx.xx)" where x.xx is your version. You can download this tool separately from their website in case you don't have RSLogix installation tools.

Cheers,
Vlad

Install the license into CodeMeter

Guys, I'm breaking my cherry to post this. There is an easier way. just open CodeMeter control Center and install the license.

From Rockwell Website:
https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/626695

Solution 1
Restore the CodeMeter activation (UpdateProtectionOnlyLicense.WibuCmRaU).

Open the CodeMeter Control Center.
Click on File --> Import License.
Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockwell Software\FactoryTalk Activation\Tools.
Select the file UpdateProtectionOnlyLicense.WibuCmRaU.
Click Import.
If the file will not import:
Right click on the file UpdateProtectionOnlyLicense.WibuCmRaU and select Properties.
Uncheck the check box for Read-only
Click Apply and click OK
Try Import again

Great, this worked like Magic http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/images/smilies/book.gif

Thanks for this link
Guys, I'm breaking my cherry to post this. There is an easier way. just open CodeMeter control Center and install the license.

From Rockwell Website:
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/images/smilies/yakyak.gif
Solution 1

Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockwell Software\FactoryTalk Activation\Tools.
Click Import.
Right click on the file UpdateProtectionOnlyLicense.WibuCmRaU and select Properties.
Click Apply and click OK
Try Import again

Was having the same fault. The issue was resolved for me by running "C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeMeter\Runtime\bin\CodeMeterCC.exe" as Administrator, then finding the license that was having an issue. There was a "Repair License" option, clicked on that and the fault went away.

There are a few reasons why such CodeMeter errors may occur and a few solutions available to try resolve each one. For instance, Solution 5 in the following technote is to use the Repair License feature, as mentioned in the last post, where corruption of the installation is suspected...

ID: BF12008 | Access Levels: Everyone
Rockwell Software Cannot Be Installed/Started Due to CmActLicense Not Found

Regards,
George

Yes, I've mentioned this before here how Logix Designer will not run unless it's third party but incorporated CodeMeter security service is not running.

Official reference to the above fix...

626695 - Studio 5000: CodeMeterAct, CmActLicence Error 263
Access Level: TechConnect

Regards,
George

They foisted CodeMeter on us, we did not buy it, and it is related to software activation, so why is it access level TechConnect ? I thought activation issues were "free" support. ???

While I did post it originally as "Access Level: TechConnect", as that is what it was at the time (I always copy/paste), I just clicked on the link again and it now appears they've since changed it to...

ID: BF18556 | Access Levels: Everyone
CodeMeterAct: CmActLicence Error 263

I believe this may be due to the fact that when first released CodeMeter was solely a project protection feature for Studio 5000 and as such could have been classed as warranting TechConnect access only? Since then (Nov 2018), and as you have mentioned, it is now also being used as the new type of license (wibu), which superseded the original Flexera license (lic). As part of its feature set now includes licensing Activations for RA software products, it's likely they have downgraded certain CodeMeter related articles to "Access Levels: Everyone", in line with their free Activations support policy (Free Online, Phone: Mon to Fri 8 to 5).

(I so want to get my hands on whomever has changed the text in all the articles from "Access Level" to "Access Levels" for a singular article!?)

Regards,
George

Thank you first time I seen this issue and thought what Fk??. I panicked but glad to see there are others who experienced this issue. Your all 5 stars in my viewpoint. I was going to reinstall everything.

From Rockwell Website:

Solution 1

Click Import.
Click Apply and click OK
Try Import again

Just a thank you, a quick google search brought this up to me right off the hop and it solved my issue.