Twincat 3.1

Geraldhemel

Hello,

Can somebody help me? My twincat installation is broken, I try'd to reinstall it, deleted all my .net components, beckhoff components, visual studio, but nothing seems to work, I still get this error message:

Error starting twincat system!
Init10\IO: Create TComObj PREOP >> AdsWarning 1804 (0x70c, ADS ERROR: not found (files, ...))
For further information start the event viewer and open the application log.

Of course I have opent the application log, but nothing seems remotely to beckhoff or twincat. I understand I miss some files, but which one?
When I reinstall I would have thought that would be resolved, but that isnt the case.

Is your system a Windows 7/10 with the Spectre/Meltdown patch installed? There was a bulletin put out saying these systems with the patch and TwinCAT 3 are affected.

I have a windows 10 machine. I dont know if the Spectre/Meltdown patch is installed. All my updates are installed, sow I guess so.
The bulletin that you mention, is that a bulletin from Beckhoff or Microsoft. Could you please send me a link to that bulletin?

PDIT fire water pump

Hello,

I have a fault on a differential pressure transmitter of a fire water pump. Indeed, by measuring the voltage at the level of the transmitter; it was zero (0 VDC) instead of 24 VDC. We replaced replacing the 1715-IF16 board to which my transmitter was connected. By measuring again the voltage coming out of our PLC card, we found 19 VDC; and by connecting our differential pressure transmitter the voltage drops to zero.
Does any of you have any idea about the cause of this brutal tension? And can he have an idea about the cause of this defect in order to remedy it?

Thank you

A coworker had the same/similar TC3 error message recently. I looked at it and found it was actually a Visual Studio problem. VS wouldn't let you even start a new project (Visual Basic, C#, F#, C++), giving a general error about missing arguments or such (dll call?). Trying the VS re-install again, from the down-loaded iso setup, gave the same errors. He finally fixed by being connected to the internet during the VS setup. Apparently, the setup program must run an update from Microsoft's website. Strange that their site has an iso setup which is missing some things so doesn't work as an off-network install, thus doesn't pass the "works fresh out of the box" test. The setup is a massive ~20 Gb, so one would think it would be complete. Perhaps Bill Gates needs to return and slap some people around. I recall this was VS2015. I recall that TC3 doesn't/didn't work with the latest VS2017. BTW, he didn't have the Windows Spectre/Meltdown patches run, since off-network and auto-updates unchecked, plus I recall this happened before those patches.

Last edited:
A coworker had the same/similar TC3 error message recently. I looked at it and found it was actually a Visual Studio problem. VS wouldn't let you even start a new project (Visual Basic, C#, F#, C++), giving a general error about missing arguments or such (dll call?). Trying the VS re-install again, from the down-loaded iso setup, gave the same errors. He finally fixed by being connected to the internet during the VS setup. Apparently, the setup program must run an update from Microsoft's website. Strange that their site has an iso setup which is missing some things so doesn't work as an off-network install, thus doesn't pass the "works fresh out of the box" test. The setup is a massive ~20 Gb, so one would think it would be complete. Perhaps Bill Gates needs to return and slap some people around. I recall this was VS2015. I recall that TC3 doesn't/didn't work with the latest VS2017. BTW, he didn't have the Windows Spectre/Meltdown patches run, since off-network and auto-updates unchecked, plus I recall this happened before those patches.

Thank you ! this works !

Hello,

I actually had the exact same error message. I eventually was told that I just have to disable the IO in my project. All I had to do was right-click on Device1 (Ethercat) and click disable. Then it worked!