Factory Talk View Trends

Mihir_007

Dear all,

Facing some strange issue for last 2 weeks with factory talk view trends.
Trends work great in real time and log the data as well. As soon as i will logout(FTV logout), and login again with Factory Talk View SE, All the past trends have gone and it will start logging again from a moment i opened trends. 🔨

I have checked data log models. It is defined OK as it should be. In fact, System was working healthy(Normal) up to last February-2018.o_O

Any help in this regard, (to start the trends with normal operation) will be highly appreciated. 🤞🏻

Regards,
Mihir

Try to start checking simple steps first:

1- Check thast your TrendX have the option Poll Historical Data instead of real tme data.
2- Check that you are starting the datalog command when you start FTView.
For example, if your datalog is named DLOG001, you have to use the command DataLogon DLOG001. You can start this command in the runtime options config or via macro.

The other option is that your historicasl database is corrupt and the datalog does not logging data in the tables.

I agree with rleon's suggestions. Also maybe try to download the latest FactoryTalk View patches from the Rockwell website, but remember to backup your project first!

I had a similar issue once. I suspected that the database was corrupt. I had to delete the database and create a new one. Unfortunately a couple days later, I had the same issue. Deleted the database again and created a new one again. A few days later, same issue. This time I downloaded the latest FactoryTalk View SE patches from the Rockwell website. After this I did not get this issue again.

2- Check that you are starting the datalog command when you start FTView.
For example, if your datalog is named DLOG001, you have to use the command DataLogon DLOG001. You can start this command in the runtime options config or via macro.

While executing DataLogOn and DataLogOff command through command line or macro, FTV Diagnostic shows following error.
"An unknown error occurred in the server framework while trying to delegate a command"

I had a similar issue once. I suspected that the database was corrupt. I had to delete the database and create a new one. Unfortunately a couple days later, I had the same issue. Deleted the database again and created a new one again. A few days later, same issue. This time I downloaded the latest FactoryTalk View SE patches from the Rockwell website. After this I did not get this issue again.

Is there any way to check the data log model's ability? I mean whether it is corrupted or it is good to use?

Is there any way to check the data log model's ability? I mean whether it is corrupted or it is good to use?

I don't remember how I decided the database was corrupt. I did call Rockwell Tech Connect a few times and tried their suggestions but they did not work. Eventually I figured that it was probably corrupt.

I want to clear up something rleon mentioned regarding Real-time v Historical polling.

With Poll Historical Data selected, let's assume you are logging data to your datalog for just one tag every ten seconds. And let's say that you create a trend that is updating once per second. The trend is only getting data from the datalog model so that data will only change once every ten seconds. Let's also say that the trend is showing you one minute of data. When you view that trend, you will see six points of data with a line connecting those points.

If you select Real-time data server, you will see the historical data if you said your data source was a datalog model. Plus you will see live data update as you watch that trend window. So using the example above, if I watch that trend I will see the live data appearing at the 1 second update rate along with the historical data. But, if I navigate away from that display, the live data is discarded. So when I return, I will only see historical data and the live data will start updating with new data.

There is a video on YouTube that shows this real well. You can skip to about the 4:50 minute mark to see the Historical v real-time option.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mTiTip98kg

OG

I want to clear up something rleon mentioned regarding Real-time v Historical polling.

With Poll Historical Data selected, let's assume you are logging data to your datalog for just one tag every ten seconds. And let's say that you create a trend that is updating once per second. The trend is only getting data from the datalog model so that data will only change once every ten seconds. Let's also say that the trend is showing you one minute of data. When you view that trend, you will see six points of data with a line connecting those points.

If you select Real-time data server, you will see the historical data if you said your data source was a datalog model. Plus you will see live data update as you watch that trend window. So using the example above, if I watch that trend I will see the live data appearing at the 1 second update rate along with the historical data. But, if I navigate away from that display, the live data is discarded. So when I return, I will only see historical data and the live data will start updating with new data.

There is a video on YouTube that shows this real well. You can skip to about the 4:50 minute mark to see the Historical v real-time option.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mTiTip98kg

OG

Hi,

Everything seems ok according to your youtube link. The issue is, data logs perfectly fine even historical data as well. (I am using Factory talk View SE 7.0). But, When i'll logout from Factory talk View, and after logging again, Trends will start scratching the data from zero again. All the past/historical data is gone.

I am unable to understand why this is happening neither i am able to find any solution.

Hi, i have today the same problem but the parameters seems good...Each time i quit the view in another menu, the historical data is clear :confused: did you find the solution?:oops:

datalog.PNG startup.PNG

The problem here is, the historical data is NOT being displayed. If it was, it would not go away. What you are seeing is live data. Historical data does not disappear when you leave the screen or when you logout.

Now, it looks like you are using FactoryTalk View ME instead of SE. But that shouldn't be a big difference.

In View SE, when you setup the trend, you can browse tags within a model and select them as pens on the trend. The browse window would only show you tags within that data log model. The Pens tab clearly shows if the pen is part of a datalog.

In View ME, when you browse for tags, you cannot do the same. You can browse for your tags, but it can only show you "all" tags. You cannot be certain that those tags are also contained within the the data log. If you select a tag that is part of the data log, you will see historical data. The Pens tab does not tell you if that tag is part of the data log or not. If you select a tag that is not in the data log, you will only see live data. Your description, as well as the original poster, is what happens with live data.

What you have shown in the Trend Object Properties looks good. And the Startup settings look good. What we need to see is if the tags you have selected in the Pens tab are part of the datalog. If you open the datalog model, look at the Tags in Model tab and look at the tags in the model and verify that the tags used in the trend are part of the data log model.

OG

Last edited:
Really thank you for your reply.There is more details:

-The tags in the data log and pens tab are the same.

So the data log is selected in pens tab, in startup menu and the tags are the same in both setup...And the Factory talk programm is similar in another panelview with no problem on historical data...A problem with my Panelview? :confused:

tag1.PNG tag2.PNG

I wouldn't think there would be a problem with the PanelView.

Can you also include screenshots from the Setup, Paths, and Log Triggers tabs in the Data log model?

Just to clarify, this is a problem you are seeing on the physical PanelView correct? Sometimes people test the applications on their computers and see different results from the actual terminal.

OG

Hi,

Thank you for your help! I program the .mer file on factory talk view and transfer it in the Panel. Here is the data log model, the same parameters are in another panel and ... it is working o_O

Capture.PNG Capture2.PNG Capture3.PNG Capture4.PNG