S7-300 I-Device config

cottagewood

I have a 315-DP/PN and a 315-DP with a CP343 card and I'm trying to configure i-device. The step 7 5.5 help gives a step by step with screen shots, however, I've followed it and I don't have all the tabs that are shown in the help, specifically, I don't have the i-device tab and check box for i-device mode

5umtee.png

I just have these 4 tabs for the interface

2gtqkaq.png

Does anyone have any ideas?

Honestly, I only use i-device if someone makes me. Much easier to use netpro to create a connection and use AG_Send / AG_Recv in my opinion.

But, i recreated what you described and i-device appears in both processors without an issue. What 343 card are you using?

A cp343-1 lean,
I hadn't even got as far as configuring that side, I stalled at configuring the i-device on the CPU315-dp/pn

If I use the 3.2 f/w from the h/w catalogue, I get the i-device tab, if I use the 2.6 f/w or below then I don't

id0.jpg

I had more than 1 config open at the same time, I closed them all and open just the 315-pn/dp and I can see same, thanks every one for you help

Gee, I thought this was going to be easy but I'm still struggling with it.

I can't use i-device because the CP343-1 lean is not an io controller so I can't add the i-device i created on the CPU315/PN from the catalog.

So then I tried to use iso-on-tcp but netpro will only let me partner 2 CP343's and not a CP343 to a CPU315/PN

Anyone got any other ideas?

You can use put and get blocks on 315 pn/dp and read from / write to datablock areas to CPU with 343-1 lean.