Class Project

Plexico

i have a project due for class and I can't think of any thing to make a Program for. any ideal would be Great
the assigment was as followed
1. You have been introduced to the following instructions
xio
xic
ton
tof
rto
ote
ctu
ctd
otl
out

2. Use all of these instructions to complete any project of your choice. Make sure you name your project and identify each rung and instruction within.
3. send as a logic pro file to via email
4.YOu will be graded on proper placement of instruction, labeling of instructions,operations, and complexity of your project.

IF anyone has any idea's of what i could do in this project it would be greaty apperiacted

Welcome…

Look around the house and you will find plenty.

Toaster
Lawn irrigation system
Washing machine
Can crusher

I think you get the idea…..

Come back with questions once you have tried and show us your work and you will get tons of help.

Hope this helps get you started.

will do

yeah I have though about a few different things like that the problem I have came with that my teacher said I should use all of the instructions and I can't think of anything That I would Need all of them for. unless I took something rather simple and made it ovely complicated for no reason execpt just to use the instruction.

Plexico said:
...unless I took something rather simple and made it ovely complicated for no reason except just to use the instruction.

You seem to have a firm grasp on this profession already.

I suspect you have a bright future in front of you young man..... ;)

thanks

I really do a apperiacite it but i can't do a traffic light our project need to exclude or previouse projects and I you don't mind me asking What is a pid loop, sounds like a cool idea and a toaster seems pertty simple

Plexico said:
i have a project due for class and I can't think of any thing to make a Program for. any ideal would be Great
the assigment was as followed
1. You have been introduced to the following instructions
xio
xic
ton
tof
rto
ote
ctu
ctd
otl
out

2. Use all of these instructions to complete any project of your choice. Make sure you name your project and identify each rung and instruction within.
3. send as a logic pro file to via email
4.YOu will be graded on proper placement of instruction, labeling of instructions,operations, and complexity of your project.

IF anyone has any idea's of what i could do in this project it would be greaty apperiacted

Dishwasher would be a great example.
It is a series of steps when a set number of actions take place.
One step recirculates, another step goes to drain, another step fills with water to a probe.
Some dishwashers have a sanitize cycle, recirculate water and heat until temperature reached...

What is a pid loop

they were just pulling your leg ... PID is NOT something you want to mess with ... yet ...

and what's an "out" instruction? ...

do you know why you would need to use "latches" and "unlatches" as opposed to something like a "seal-in" construction? ... and why would an RTO be used rather than a TON? ...

I'd be willing to bet that your instructor cares more about whether or not you know HOW to use all of those instructions - rather than how "realistic" your project is ...

plan of attack: get started ... post SOMETHING ... we'll help you "fix" it if you head down the wrong path ...

Plexico said:
... and I you don't mind me asking What is a pid loop, sounds like a cool idea and a toaster seems pertty simple

Hi Plexico, I was being a smart a$$, well it was more of a joke then anything, but now that you asked...

The PID in a PLC is what controls motion or temperature, it is a automatic change by the PLC depending on the condition of your given variables, say you have a temperature set point of 300degf and you turn your oven on at your house, your oven has some sort of controller that raises the temperature in the over until it reaches that 300deg and maintains it. The P,I and D are all settings inside a PLC or controller that you can use to achieve your SP with in a reasonable time without over shooting

P-Proportional
I-Integral
D-Derivative

These are the 3 main setting in a controller that is controlling temperature of a oven, look here and you can find a in depth detail of PID's http://ronbeaufort.com/sample_lessons.htm

So...it would be a very nice program to write, but may be you should save it for next time...

Hope this helps
Mark

In other words, PID is just an automatic regulation of something eg. temperature, level, flow and so on.

thanks for all the help

Thanks for all the help A dishwasher Sounds like the thing to do im goign to get started on this, thanks for the info on a PID , And i agree with about the use of the instructions and i have email him at the moment to ask about using all the instructions and the OUT which im not sure of my self but im goign to get started on a dishwasher Thanks Again if have Trouble ill probley be back

I think the out instruction was just a typo. Ote and otl were mentioned so I assume the other is otu not out.

I'm sure that Ron is right. He/She wants to see if you know how to use the instructions.

In one of my recent classes, I told my students that seven of the ten instructions you listed and one more make up about 80% of the instructions used in most programs. They wanted proof, so we took five running programs (saw mill) as samples and counted. My guess was wrong. We found that well over 90 percent of the total numbers of instructions used are the same eight instructions. I did include OSR (ONS) in my eight. RTO is rarely used. TOF is used more, but still not very often. Same for CTD. Those are the three I did not include in my list of most often used. I am sure that some will disagree; this is based on personal experience. Another instruction missing from your list is RES.

The point is, if you can master these instructions, you are well on your way. I also applaud the fact that you did not want to over complicate just to use instructions. You may want to note that in your project documentation.

As for the project, I'd pick something simple that uses timers and cycles. Oven, Microwave, Dishwasher, Washer,(all good for RTO,) Drive through Car Wash, lots of choices.

Good Luck.

Something is fishy. The instructions are AB oriented and can not use projects already done but the OP has no real understanding of the instructions.

I am sure Ron had his own reason for asking, i.e. to get the OP to respond what out was but bet he understood what it had to be in reference to the other instructions.

Real life does not tell you, use these instructions and create "this", whatever this is. This is not a practical training method, at least ro me.