Old GEM80 (GEM 80) Manuals/Documentation

I need information of the GEM80 PLC with cpu 131 and all about the serial data communication, need manual of the CPU 131, do ypu have them?

Hi Star Watcher.

My email address is [email protected]

I am busy converting GEM80 PLC program to Siemens Step7

Do you know if there is a simulation package in the GEM80 Programmer?
I am also looking for a username and password to log in to the program.

Programmers Reference Guide for GEM 80

Hi Star Watcher,
My email is [email protected]

We have an older GEM 80 PLC. I am looking for manuals that fully outline the functionality of all of the special functions. For example special functions LINCON, LIMIT, PID. There are various manuals here, but they dont seem to detail the special functions.

A pdf showing any of these special function details would be most appreciated.
Cheers Peter.

Hi Marshy,

I tried to register on the site u mentioned, but yet they haven't sent me the account activation link. I downloaded the brochures available on net, but they are not sufficient for through understanding.

I have some queries regarding GEM80 PLC and HW, if any1 can answer plz help:

1. what is the part no and specs of the cable connecting plc to remote rack or I/O's.

2. I've considered "GEM80-400 Standard/GEM80-500/Remote I/O Subrack" "part no. : 8857-4120" for remote I/O configuration is this the right rack.

3. Is "GEMTEQ Scanner Module" is used for remote rack connection plz confirm.

Hi Marshy,

I tried to register on the site u mentioned, but yet they haven't sent me the account activation link. I downloaded the brochures available on net, but they are not sufficient for through understanding.

I have some queries regarding GEM80 PLC and HW, if any1 can answer plz help:

1. what is the part no and specs of the cable connecting plc to remote rack or I/O's.

2. I've considered "GEM80-400 Standard/GEM80-500/Remote I/O Subrack" "part no. : 8857-4120" for remote I/O configuration is this the right rack.

3. Is "GEMTEQ Scanner Module" is used for remote rack connection plz confirm.

1/ 9713-4020 Basic IO Ribbon Cable

2/ For remote I/O configuration you could use part numbers
8857-4006 (8 Slot)
8859-4003 (12 Slot)

3/ The GEMTEQ scanner module is for their range of distributed I/O modules (only for the Gem80-500's I think)

I'm not a Gem80 expert, so you're most probably better of talking to converteam (+44 (0) 1782 781000) or waiting for your registration details to come through

Thank you Marshy. It helped me a lot.

icon10.gif

Hi Peter,

Try it with your Gmail ID. It worked for me, I got the activation link. If u provide ur mail ID I can send u the tech. manuals I've downloaded for Gem80 500 PLC & I/O Configuration.