Din Rail Mount Toggle Switch

dollivier

Does anyone know of a manufacturer that makes a DIN rail mount toggle switch? We need to provide a simple digital input that we want to keep inside the panel (away from happy fingers) and a DIN mount would be ideal for ease of installation.

Dennis

No, but you might be able to build something using a Universal 'empty' module from Phoenix Contact. They make empty module housings that are DIN rail mounted. I think the model series is 'UEGM'. Try Weidmuller as well.

Allen-Bradely is the manufacturer. I oredered it from McMaster-Carr. Its good for 28VDC/2A or 120VAC/2A. The one I ordered is a on-off-on SPDT. McMaster-Carr part number is 7218K11. Cost is $23.37. Allen-Bradely part number is 1492-WD4P.

DIN Toggle Switch

The reason for the toggle: We have 2 available Modbus ports on the PLC. One is used to communicate via radio-modem to a SCADA computer running Wonderware. The other is used to communicate to a VFD to transfer a number of parameters / values to and from the PLC. To modify/troubleshoot using a laptop requires disconnecting the VFD communications. Since the PLC acts as the Modbus Master to the VFD and needs to be a Modbus Slave to the Laptop we will use the toggle switch to disable the transmit functions from the PLC when we must communicate with the laptop. A third Modbus port would be a great solution but this PLC, a Momentum, will not support a third Modbus port, per the factory tech support.