Siemens S7-315-2DP MPI network connection to PC

Hi All,
One of our clients wants to replace some obsolete VFD's on their plant. There are two S7-315-2DP plc's and drives are connected via profibus on one of the PLC's. MPI ports of both these PLC's are connected to each other and three different Siemens HMI. Problem is, the plant was commissioned by plant manufacturer and client does not have the project file, so I have to upload the program and edit. I have Siemens USB Adapter: 6ES7972-0CB20-0XA0, now when i try to connect it to one of the MPI ports which is already networked, sometimes step 7 gives error "online communication to adapter damaged" and sometimes it gives error that either transmission rate is incorrect, or highest mpi address is higher than set address range or incorrect interrupt setting.
I thought that my adapter may be damaged so I checked it on bench with a 313C MPI port, and it worked perfectly fine.
I haven't tried to connect to a networked MPI segment but from the manuals it seems that it is possible and successful connection should show all MPI devices available on network, I tried all possibly transmission rates, highest MPI address settings, but it keeps giving the same error.
Also I noticed that the PLC that I was trying to connect to had its termination switch on MPI port ON, and since the plant was running I didn't take the risk of turning it off, so I tried to connect to second PLC, its termination switch was set to OFF, but still Step 7 gave the same messages.
Any ideas, what might be the issue here?

Best Regards,
Anas
www.pakplc.com

Is there a teleservice module or modem connected to the mpi network which is also using the defaukt mpi address of 0.

Have u tried change the mpi address of you laptop from 0 to a higher number like 30?

I dont think there is any teleservice module installed, but I will have to confirm it from drawings.
I tried address 1, and 2, but that didnt help.