RsLogix 5000 Options Greyed Out

Usireland

I have a weird problem with Logix 5000. I'm running Win7 Ultimate 64bit and logix versions 15-20. I cannot modify the layout (move the location of toolbars etc) or the change the display options inside the Tools >> Options menu. Take a look at the photo to get a better idea:
GreyedOutOptions2.jpg

GreyedOutOptions.jpg

Am I missing something? Is there a checkbox I have to tick to be able to make edits? This is quite strange as I have the same set up on another computer and have no problems making any changes.

Thanks in Advance
Ian

Last edited:
Well I don't know if its a glitch or what, but I had two copies of the file, one was for an L61 controller and the other was using Emulate. When I opened the L61 copy it was perfect, but the emulate copy would not allow these changes. Strange o_O but at least I got it resolved.

All of these configuration options are stored in the windows registry.

Perhaps your login doesn't give you administrative rights .. ??

All of these configuration options are stored in the windows registry.

Perhaps your login doesn't give you administrative rights .. ??

Definately not the issue, for two reasons:
1. I have administrative rights, as I was the one who set up the computers.
2. The same computer was used the open the two programs, one which used emulate and the other which used the L61 and I could edit these values in the L61 version of the software and it applied to the Emulate version, but when I opened the emulate version again, they were greyed out again!

I had the same issues where all of the options where greyed out and I couldn't change it. Here is how I fixed it:

If you click through the help file for the Workstation Options dialog box, you will find this note: " If FactoryTalk Security is enabled, this dialog box may appear dimmed, depending on the levels of access that have been defined..."

We use AssetCenter to control our .acd backup and edits, and for that we have to set our FactoryTalk Directory Server to a server on our network. This is done through the Factory Talk Administration Console.

When our network admin added me to the list, I was put in only the users group for the configuration found on that server on the network. This cause my options dialog box to be "dimmed". To fix it, I had the network administrator add me to the "Administrators" group temporarily so I could change my options. Once I was added to the admin group I had to restart RSLogix 5000 and I was then able to make the changes in the Workstation Options dialog box.

(I'm not sure how to add a picture to the post so I attach it.)

Untitled.png