Powerflex 525 VFD Motor Stalled Fault

calinorth

I am getting a motor stalled fault on a VFD for a incline conveyor motor with a electric brake. I notice that when the VFD is supposed to ramp down to off it stays stuck at 7 hz then it trips. Is this feedback? Do I need a brake(resistor) for this VFD?

maybe your em brake on/off delay is too long. Default is 2sec, change to .2sec see if that prevents stall?

Do you have your stop mode set to ramp+em brk parm 45?
t076 is for em brake control make sure that pulls your brake off and on when its supposed to during operation?

I think thats all the parameters that affect brake control.

Yes for some reason it was set ramp down to default at 2 seconds even though the mechanical brake engages immediately. I will monitor this drive until midday tomorrow. Ill be sure to post an update.

Is the mechanical brake controlled by the drive itself, or separately ?

Yeah, dropping the mechanical brake on it while it's ramping to a stop will definitely cause a Stall fault.

At 7 Hz you can't develope the require torque to move the load
they should be setting thee brake and shutting down the drive
you may be able to run it that low with a good flux vector drive