FT View Studio Add a Button

Unless the PV is very, very old (FW < 4), there is a way. First there was a white box on the screen during booting that took you to configure mode. More recent versions (Plus) allow access to a maintenance menu with a USB keyboard plugged in at power up.

They removed the white box on 6 I think.

JT

On PV+6 and PV+7 the white box is disabled by default, but can be re-enabled in the Windows startup option.

For PV+6 there is the Default button on the logic module to reboot in Maintenance Mode. USB keyboard required.

PV7+ shows the white box when booting if a USB keyboard is plugged in. This boots into Maintenance Mode.

I don't have access to technotes but there seems to be at least a couple of paths that were used depending on the firmware used and the model of the PanelView. That path is correct for the one's that I needed to work on.

JT

Hi Again,

George spells out it the best in his post #5 on this thread.

I just do not understand the "Application Data" part of your path.
When I first read your original post, (and other posts) I thought that you were having problems using the USB method to transfer the file, but the transfer utility worked ok for you.

Can I ask where did you obtain the path structure from?

Thanks
Ian

Hi Again,

George spells out it the best in his post #5 on this thread.

I just do not understand the "Application Data" part of your path.
When I first read your original post, (and other posts) I thought that you were having problems using the USB method to transfer the file, but the transfer utility worked ok for you.

Can I ask where did you obtain the path structure from?

Thanks
Ian

The main problem I had at first was I didn't know I needed to "load" the runtime file after copying it to the PV.

I might have gotten that backwards, anyway watching this guys videos and getting his autoexec.bat files
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiEbz0RaoAU

from the autoexec.bat file
Code:
REM NOTE: CHANGES FROM PVPLUS TO PVPLUS 6:
REM The internal storage project directory has changed from:
REM "\storage card\rockwell software\rsviewme\runtime\"
REM to
REM "\Application Data\Rockwell Software\RSViewME\Runtime"

JT

Last edited: