B & r plc

Question about BnR's Panel PC

I have an old Panel PC 720 and we want to change it to Panel PC 725, the question is if we install the flash card from the Panel PC 720 to the new Panel PC 725 will it work out just fine? and executes the program from the compact flash?

Not if the project is ARemb, but if you have the source project you can simply change the target to a 725 and it should work (if you have AS3.X or 4.X, you can create a new configuration with 725 as the target).

If the project is ARwin, it might just work, they are pretty much the same thing and Windows is more flexible about things than VxWorks is.

Thanks CapinWinky for your feedback. Yes that's the problem I don't have the source code. The source code is in the OEM but we tried asking them for it. I just hope that the project is in ARwin just like you said. By the way i have AS 4.0

i Have another problem the CPU board for my PanelPC 720 is 5PC600.X855-04 is this CPU board will work fine with PanelPC 725??

Hello there, I am very new to B&R. My biggest concern so far is that why it takes forever for automation studio to compile? I am using a trial version and If i have a program with even a single line of code it takes forever to build configuration. I do have a power panel though. When my project has only a VC component, it builds configuration in few seconds....I am confused to what I'm doing wrong to have such a long build configuration time>>> PLEASE GUIDE ME!!

If you selected the option to transfer the source code as an archive file, that adds a lot to compile time. Also, doing a build-all instead of just a build or transfer will make it recompile everything, which takes a while.

On an SSD in a higher end, but two year old laptop, I can do a build all on a medium sized machine in about 50 seconds and a regular build after some program changes in about 15 seconds. If I check the archive box it adds about 10 seconds.

I am just doing Build with F7. Where do i find the option for "transferring the source code as an archive file?" Also I dont remember seeing "Build All" either....
I have an SSD with i7.
Thanks for your guidance

To check the archiving option, right click the configuration and select "Properties" and the window that pops up has a tab for all the source code transfer options. By default, it is all turned off though. Build all is Ctrl + F7 and it is in the project menu right under Build and I thought it was included by default on the toolbar right next to build.

Is there any particular output box text where it seems to be getting stuck? I know there was an issue one of my visualizations where it was checking a network path for some reason and had to wait for it to time out. I ended up editing an XML file by hand to remove the network path reference.

I have i7 with 16 gigs of RAM. I have only an empty program with just a default visualization and it seems to get stuck at this point:

Compiling C:/BrAutomation/AS43/AS/GnuInst/V4.1.2/i386-elf/include/bur/_bur_pvdef.st .

With no Program object at all it takes few seconds but as soon as i add a program object it takes forever to build configuration. Actually i got a Power Panel 65 few days ago and i wanted to check if it works. It seems to work fine with just a VC component but as soon as I add a Program object (without even a single line of code) Build configuration gets stucked. If you suggest, I can share my program code with you or any snapshot.
thanks a bunch for your kind help

Hello Guys again:D
Finally, I ran the power panel but now I want to upload the PLC program (ladder or ...) into the pc from the panel. In fact, I wanna monitor the logic program to troubleshoot the machine.What should I do? Do you have any help or tips or document to help me? I'll appreciate any responses.
Thanks
Hi Iman, what did you do to solve the initial problem of "Attempting to boot a hard drive ... boot failed"

Hi Iman, what did you do to solve the initial problem of "Attempting to boot a hard drive ... boot failed"
Hi roddenrchikonzo,
It was long time ago. I barely remember something. I think, I've used the wrong image file of the CF . When I used the right one it has worked.

Hi roddenrchikonzo,
It was long time ago. I barely remember something. I think, I've used the wrong image file of the CF . When I used the right one it has worked.
Thanks a lot Iman, i also received the following response on email from B&R just now:

Hello Rodden:

It looks like the Power Panel cannot read the content of the compact flash at boot phase due to Compact Flash be worn out, old or faulty. The operating system cannot be loaded. To be sure of this I would suggest to swap the current Compact Flash with another refurbished Compact Flash (with same content as original).
If there isn't any backed up Compact Flash available I would suggest to contact the machine manufacturer to burn a new Compact Flash for you for testing with the binary files they should have.

If the Power Panel still does the same after plugging the new Compact Flash then the Power Panel might be faulty.
Please note that this is a customised panel, therefore no repair action could be performed in our HQ in Austria without the consent of the Machine Manufacturer.

Thanks a lot Iman, i also received the following response on email from B&R just now:

Hello Rodden:

It looks like the Power Panel cannot read the content of the compact flash at boot phase due to Compact Flash be worn out, old or faulty. The operating system cannot be loaded. To be sure of this I would suggest to swap the current Compact Flash with another refurbished Compact Flash (with same content as original).
If there isn't any backed up Compact Flash available I would suggest to contact the machine manufacturer to burn a new Compact Flash for you for testing with the binary files they should have.

If the Power Panel still does the same after plugging the new Compact Flash then the Power Panel might be faulty.
Please note that this is a customised panel, therefore no repair action could be performed in our HQ in Austria without the consent of the Machine Manufacturer.
So in line with what you said and the email from B&R, it all pointing to a somehow corrupt or faulty OS on the CF.