Text display for Ex Zone 1 areas

cardosocea

Hi Gents,

We currently have installed these Beka terminals to display some alarms and variables for the operators in a Zone 1 area and I'm wondering if anyone knows of any other manufacturers that do similar or perhaps some cheaper type of HMI that I could use (touch screen is completely out of the question for this application)?

Anyone had experience with this sort of "gizmos"?

My problem is that I really don't need a full HMI there and just a simple terminal will do. There's already a SCADA system in place, so adding a new screen will be a lot more expensive than a text terminal.

This being said, the whole process is upside down in terms of user interface so maybe not finding this part is what prompts people to change.