PILZ PAScal V1.9.0 not compatible with Rockwell SISTEMA Library

Hal9000

Hi there,

The Pilz PAScal tool (V1.9.0) will not allow me to import the Rockwell SISTEMA library (V2). It appears PAScal will only import older library versions up to V1.1.6.

I have emailed Pilz about this and awaiting their reply.

Does anyone know if there is a workaround for this issue?
or
Does anyone have an older Rockwell SISTEMA library they could kindly post? i.e. 1.1.x ?

Regards,

J

My understanding is that a couple years ago, most of the major safety vendors agreed to a new standard for sharing of safety data libraries (basically, a new file format). Some were faster to adopt the new standard than others, might be related to the incompatibility here.

Pilz basically got back to me with; "The latest version of PAScal uses VDMA format files. Unfortunately not all manufacturers are using this format (such as Rockwell). If you wish to use Rockwell components in our PAScal software then you will need to create these as a custom component."