GE IC693ALG392 Analog Card Flashing Not Configured

Hi Steve, Update, no mater what I put in slot 10 it doesn't work, I have used (6) different backplanes. I move my AI & AQ to slots (8) & (9), and a Discrete Mixed IO card to slot 10. The AI & AQ are working but the Mixed IO in slot 10 does not. I even backed up a project from a running machine and uploaded it to this machine and that didn't take care of it either. My next step is to pull the whole rack out of anther machine and see if it will work. Do you have any other ideas? Do you know how to test a backplane?
Thanks,
Donnie

Send me a copy of your project file to stephen dot bailey2 at verizon dot net.
Did you use the same IC693PWRxxx module in each of the six backplanes you tested?
I would test a backplane the same way you are doing. By installing modules and see if it works.

The CPU374 requires a high-capacity power supply. Your hardware configuration shows an IC693PWR321 which is standard capacity. You should be using an IC693PWR330. Did this machine originally have a different CPU module which was replaced by the CPU374?

Okay, I will upgrade the power supply. We have migrated towards the 374’s, they weren’t original, that has changed as the software has changed. I will have to verify, but I am pretty sure we have this combination in other machines, we might be on that edge and just fell off.

Yeah, if the hardware configuration started with a different CPU and got changed to a CPU374, Proficy lets you keep the previous power supply. If you start with an empty baseplate and configure a CPU374 the only choices you have when you go to configure the power supply are the high capacity models.

I should be getting a new backplane, and high capacity power supply tomorrow, I will let you know the outcome. Did you see anything else in the program that would cause me this issue?

Steve - I just wanted to touch base and let you know that the issue is resolved. We had to replace the CPU, the version that was loaded was a newer version and wouldn't recognize slot 10. I don't know if the version of software also played a factor or not. Thanks for your help.

I'm glad you got it resolved, but I'm having trouble understanding your explanation. Since day 1, the 90-30 has had 10-slot baseplates. For the sake of my own sanity can you point me to a link to a data sheet for the CPU374 that explains the issue?
I can understand that a specific CPU has failed, but not that there is a CPU model or firmware version that can't support an I/O module in slot 10.

I wish I could send you to a link, I discovered it by accident. While I was waiting on my backplane and high capacity power supply, I was loading IP addresses into some spare CPU's. I have a 10 slot rack setup with all the hardware that we were working on in the machine in question, and during the loading of programs into the spare CPU's one started to recognize slot 10, and it happened to be an older 374 CPU. I got lucky in finding it but can't explain it.

OK, that makes a little more sense. I believe the true issue is that the CPU374 requires a high capacity power supply. A standard capacity power supply may be marginally able to support a CPU374 but that for newer firmware versions the margin gets thinner. Don't cancel the order for the high capacity power supply and install it when you get it. Also double check any machines that have been retrofitted with CPU374s to make sure they have the proper power supply module.