MicroWin32 opening an old project

C Henk

Hello,

Can somebody explane how I can open an old MicroWin project.
When opening a project, you can choose for a file with the extension prj.
When I trie that, microwin gives me an opening error.
I must open it with an earlier version and than do some stuff and savening it...but I don't have an earlier version...

Can somebody help me

Thanx

Hi,
This problem usually occurs when the program is written in LAD and the newer compiler has some problem with a LAD element from a previous version. If you can get hold of an earlier version then Open the project file, view it in STL and then save it with a different name to preserve the original. Then you should be able to open the STL file with the new Microwin and convert it to LAD.

Check the Siemens website for demo versions of Microwin. You might get lucky otherwise I can't think of another way to do it.
Boyo

In MicroWin the prj file is the file which points to all other files.

To import an old S7-200 program, you best start a new project and subsequently import the old Micro/DOS project by using the menu "Project - Import - Micro/DOS project".

If this doent work you can subsequently try to enter all the parts of the old Micro/DOS project separately:
  1. the program itself - Project - Import - Program Code Block - *.ob1 or *.awl
  2. the datablock - "Project - Import - Data Block" - *.db1
  3. the symbol table - "Project - Import - Symbol Table" - *.sym
  4. the status chart - "Project - Import - Status Chart" - *.cht
    [/list=1]

Hope this helps,

Hi JP,
You're right of course that sometimes only one element e.g Data Block can be corrupted and this will prevent the whole project from opening.
Having said that I still think the best bet is to try and obtain a slightly older version and try opening the project with that. Even if he doesn't want to work with the older version(who does?) then it will enable him to save it as STL, or export as AWL.
Best regards
Boyo

Jean Pierre is right. The .prj file was an old MicroDOS project file. You need the entire group of files and look under the file types in the "OPEN" file box while in MicroWIN.