SoMachine Basic Modbus IO Scanner

Beau79AU

Hi,

Does anyone have any examples on how to use the Modbus IO Scanner on the Schneider M221 controller?

I have one on test bench with a Delta VFD-EL i want to control. I cannot get my head around how to set it up and communicate. The documentation isn't exactly easy from either Schneider or Delta.

Regards,

Beau

Hi,

1. Setup IP address of M221
2. Enable Modbus TCP IO Scanner
3. Setup Generic slave with IP address
4. Setup channels for the slave
5. You will see the IOScanner registers once the channels are setup
6. Use those registers to control your drive, check status etc.
7. For more information - SoM Basic help file -> Programming -> Network objects -> IOScanner objects

I have attached some pictures.
Also, you will need a minimum functional level of 6.0 to use the Modbus TCPIO Scanner.

If you are using Schneider ATV drives then we have pre-built function blocks to run the drives.

Hope this helps.
Thanks.

Slave_Setup.jpg IOScanner_Registers.jpg

Hello,

I have mine now working for Serial IO Scanning, getting data from an Access Point. Do you have any documentation or procedure on working with an M221 PLC and an Access Point connected to 10 devices possibly without IO Scanning?

Thanks!

Blevine