STEP7 Lite and PLCSIM

Logic1

Hi Guys.
I have worked with S7-200 processors and some from AB.
Now I want to learn S7-300 and I would like to know what version of PLCSIM can be used with the last version of STEP7 Lite.

My other question is: does STEP7 Lite need an activation key or authorization for working?
Thank You

Bad news on both questions: yes, you need an authorization for Step 7 Lite and no, you can't use PLCSIM on Step 7 Lite, you need the full version. It's one of the limitations the Lite version has.

Kind regards,

Hang on Jean Pierre, actually there are two possible option packages for STEP7 Lite and one of them is S7-PLCSIM.
The other option package is Teleservice.

And about the need for a license key for STEP7 Lite: I cannot think that it represents a problem as STEP7 Lite is so incredibly cheap. It is even cheaper than Microwin.

Jesper,

can you tell from which Lite version onwards it was possible to use PLCSIM. I wish Siemens would tell us about such important info.

Kind regards,

My S7-PLCSIM is v5.0+SP1. It is 3-4 years since I got it and it works with no problems with my up-to-date version of STEP7 v5.3+SP3 on a PC with Win XP SP2. So it appears that the version is not so critical.

I expect STEP7 LITE to work the same as the regular STEP7.

But I dont know from exactly which version(s) S7-PLCSIM and STEP7 LITE works together.

I have individual licence Step 7 V5.0incl. Service Pack 3.
It well work with my old Window ME. but now my OS is upgrade to window XP sp2. I can't install Step 7 to my computer. What can I do?

Somewhere on this forum there was a link to a free download for step7-lite on the Siemens website. I do not know if you still need a liscence, anyway the download was +- 250 Mb.

PLCSIM is optional package for STEP7 Lite... and here is free version of STEP7 Lite 3.0 SP1 (i hope... it is the latest version?)

http://support.automation.siemens.c...g=en&siteid=cseus&aktprim=0&extranet=standard

about the version number... i've read some info about PLCSIM 5.2+S7 LITE ... see the S7 LITE docs... (before some time... i've tried PLCSIM 5.1 on STEP7 5.2... but real CPU is better for my purposes... so i do tests on HW)