Panelview Plus 1000 Firmware 3.20.11

CNTRLFRQ

I have a PanelView Plus 1000 with Firmware 3.20.11. Runtime is V5.0. I can only manually add 1769-L18ER V20.19 to runtime target using FTVS V5.0, I am able to use FTVS V6.0 and client will scan tags in test mode. When runtime saved from V6.0 to V5.0 and loaded to panelview tags are not read. Existing runtime has 6 Device Shortcuts connected to Micro 1500, 1400, and 1769-L32 V16. Runtime also contains 41 screens and found out the hard way that a Panelview Plus Standard V9 is not compatible with screen count or more than 1 shortcut. What issues would I run into flashing firmware from 3.20.11 to 5.10.14 or is there a better option to read L18-ER tags?

Hello, can you share one complete tag/expression? "{::[topic]tag}" I remember a similar case whit arrays, a few years ago in a Banbury machine. There is an old and new syntax for tag access, I don´t remember if it is between those versions.

Panelview 1000 V5.0.19 V20.019 tags

Your tag path"{::[topic]tag}" == current tag path is "{[topic]tag}"
I used direct tags and HMI tags using format that was created when browsing online tags. Same format works with version 16 but not version 20 of RSLogix5k in version 5.0.19 runtime but works in play mode of designer in version 6 of FTVS ME. I ended up messaging all values to version 16 PLC and direct referenced those tags and it works fine. The issue is I need upgrade more PLCs to accomplish the same thing and its a lot more work for this project.

The "3.2" must have been the firmware when the device was manufactured, circa 2004.

It's probably running 5.0.x firmware, so the newest possible firmware is 5.10.16 (I just checked the PCDC download section). The first two hardware generations of PanelView Plus, literally anything that's not called a "PanelView Plus 6" is limited to firmware versions before v6.

The fact that comms works during test runtime mode on a computer with RSLinx Enterprise that was shipped with FactoryTalk View Studio v6 proves that the syntax is correct.

So the question is: "will version 5.10.16 support communications with a CompactLogix 1769-L18ER controller running version 20.x firmware ?"

It should. It's my understanding that the PV+ hardware platform with v5.10.8 or later firmware will support ControlLogix and CompactLogix controllers up to v24 firmware.

It should. It's my understanding that the PV+ hardware platform with v5.10.8 or later firmware will support ControlLogix and CompactLogix controllers up to v24 firmware.

I actually have a V28 supported as well. It gave me a warning before I created a .mer, but then it just ran, seemingly without issues.