Anybus And 1768 L43C PLC

carlosvillela

Hello i want to connect an Allen Bradley 1768 L43C PLC with an anybus Ethernet/IP Scanner X Gateway. Unfortunately the PLC doesn't recognize the anybus X Gateway, I attached some pictures of my configuration. Do somebody knows whats happening? Thank you.

p.s. Help!! :(

sad1.png sad2.png

Welcome to the PLCTalk forum community !

In general, the CompactLogix is the "Originator" and the Anybus is the "Target".

Assuming the Connection Points shown by the Anybus webpage are correct:

When the Originator sends data to the Target, that's considered "Output" data and should be Assembly 160.

When the Target sends data to the Originator, that's considered "Input" data and should be Assembly 165.

Try swapping Assemblies 160 and 165 between the Input and Output fields for the Connection Parameters tab of the Generic Ethernet Module object in the Studio 5000 I/O tree.

Also, I notice that the datatype includes both a ConnectionFaulted BOOL subelement and the data payload.

Try adding 4 bytes to the Input connection to account for the Connection Status.

Try disabling the Connection Status (this is probably in the Comm Format pull-down) and keeping the I/O sizes the same.

I'm thinking the input and output sizes are off. I have older Anybus communicators set to do just one barcode and the input assembly is instance 100 size 56 output is 150 size 1 . Both of yours is set at 2. I don't have the datasheet for that gateway or I could be more certain.