Citect 7.1 - RSLogix 5000 Emulator connection

akash11132

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi All,

I am working on a project which uses compactlogix PLC and Citect SCADA. I don't have physical PLC at the moment. Need to test tag communication between citect and RSLogix 5000 emulator. Created an OPC topic in RSLinx. Can some one shed led on the configuration parameters in Citect (IO Device,Board, port, IP Addresses, Server Addresses, Cluster). Both Citect and RSLogix 5000 Emulator are running on the same PC. Thanks in Advance.

Regards,
Akash

Thanks Sigmadelta for the pics.

Should I have to prefix the OPC Topic name to every tag addresses in citect?

Hi Sigmadelta, Thanks for your suggestions.

After setting up the citect configuration(VARIABLE.DBF, TREND.DBF, DIGALM.DBF, Boards, ports, IO Devices, Clusters) and compiling the project, I am getting 'OID Overflow. Set [OID]Reset=1 to regenerate OIDs' Error. I have set the Reset= 1 already.

If the OID Reset is disabled , I am getting 'OID Out of Sequence. Set [OID]Reset=1 to regenerate OIDs'.

I read from the manual that [OID]Reset= 0 for OPC Drivers. If I keep Reset =0, I am getting a whole 1000s of Trailing character errors and tag already defined errors.

Is there anything that I am missing on citect.ini file??

Hi SigmaDelta, Thanks a lot. I made mistakes on citect tag datatypes, which was causing the OID errors. Some of the tags had Timer datatypes and others had User Defined datatypes. Deleted all those and now the project is compiling successfully without errors.

What Network address should I give to the I/O Server. Should I put my LAN adapter IP in that section??

IOServer_IP.JPG

I just checked, I only have a cluster name and server name, all else is blank.

Note: I would change the server name from OPC to something like "OPC_IOServer" or just "IOServer", to not confuse with the name of the driver, which is also OPC... but that's up to you.

Thanks a lot Sigma delta for your help.
Was able to communicate citect with the RSLinx OPC server finally.

Since I used OPC above, it should work. I think you change the address of "RSLinx OPC Server" to "\\Computer_Name\RSLinx OPC Server" or "\\IP_ADDRESS\RSLinx OPC Server"... but I don't have time to try it.

Last edited: