PanelView 550 Touch Screen Grid Defaults

plcsales

P
Is there anyway to adjust the default 8 high x 16 wide PanelView 550 touch screen grid? I want to try and fit just a couple more touch sensitive numeric entry points on the screen. I would also like to make my page change buttons about 1.5 times the standard default touch grid size. Is it possible to adjust the touchscreen grid or is this a function of the hardware that is fixed.

PS I've looked at the AB manuals and they review how to adjust the gris size. However this only effects where graphics snap to in PanelBuilder 32, not the size/position of touch senitive items like buttons.

You are out of luck, the touch screen grid is a hardware function and can't be altered in Panelbuilder (you can see the cells if you look at the terminal at an angle). The grid settings you can change relate to the drawing grid not the touch grid.

If you want more touch cells you could always upgrade to a panelview 1000.

You can also view the touch grid settings in the PanelBuilder software. The other grid you mentioned is the "snap-to" grid. It is helpful for placing and aligning objects but the touch grid will show the locations of the actual touch cells. I often turn off the snap grid and display only the touch grid.

Click on View and then Touch Grid to see the touch grid layout. As others stated, you cannot alter the touch grid settings as that is a function of the hardware.

OG