STL Shell sorting algorithm

Aleksandra

Hello,

I need to implement sorting algorithm in STL. I was thinking about using Shell sort, but I don't know how to do this with such a low programming language. Has anybody done something similar?

It doesn't have to be Shell, but since I have an array of 100 structs, it has to be fast.

Have in mind that I don't have much experience in programming with STL.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance :)

I have SCL, but the project demands are such that it has to be done in STL (unfortunately :()

I understand how the algorithm works, but I have no idea how to write this in STL...

Thanks for the reply :)

Btw, I would program it as an FB, with the data to be sorted as part of the declared STAT variables.
This because the access to the data will be much faster if it is local instance data, and not by refence, i.e. by pointer.

I have SCL, but the project demands are such that it has to be done in STL (unfortunately :()

Is the customer internal? Is this on Step7 Classic or TIA Portal? Step7 Classic doesn't come with SCL by default, it's a separate bit you need to get license for I believe.
That is not the case for TIA Portal.

Btw, I would program it as an FB, with the data to be sorted as part of the declared STAT variables.
This because the access to the data will be much faster if it is local instance data, and not by refence, i.e. by pointer.

I have made an FB where the sorting will be implemented, and at the beginning of the program I copy DB which I need to sort into the instance DB of that FB.