Controllogix Online Card Replacement

Elons_Musk

Are any of you guys out there aware of a consolidated list of I/O cards that can be replaced online?

We just replaced a 1756-IF16 card while the PLC was online when a point failed and it got me thinking. I know there are some cards that do not support this, but I've never seen a quick and easy list to reference.

The biggest issue i see with it is the wiring arm. Just be sure the wiring arm is unlocked and not tugging on it when it is locked.

AB 1756 racks
Then the other issue is making sure you slide the card into the rack straight up and down and not out of its position, otherwise you might bend pins and there you go, now the rack might be damage.

I don't think compact logics can do hot swappable.

I dont remember if siemens is hot swappable?

Point IO slice is not hot swappable either, many manufacturers have too many tabs to make this a fast changeout. I remember the Siemens ET point io and it had dovetails, thought that was funny (i did not think we was working on furniture).