Schneider m340 plc to siemens s71500

I need to establish communication between Schneider M340 and S7-1500 PLC.

I am using gateway converter for MODBUS TCP TO PROFINET protocol conversation. I just do not know how to do programming/configuration/read and write register in unity pro SCHNEIDER PLC.

please help me if anyone has ideas.

Last edited:
How much of the Schneider program needs to be setup and configured?

Modbus holding register addresses are assigned to tags inside the Unity Pro data editor under the address column starting at %MW1.

Where is your problem, on the Siemens side, the Schneider side, or .. ?

If your problem is with the Siemens side:
The PLX32-MBTCP-PND works as a Profinet IO Device. This means that you need to get a GSDML file with the configuration of the Prosoft module and import it into Siemens TIA software. Then you can add it to the Profinet system of the S7-1500 PLC.
This GSDML file is probably either generated by the configuration software for the prosoft module, or there is a generic GSDML for the module that you can download from Prosoft.

here are manuals and downloads:
https://www.prosoft-technology.com/...ice-Gateway-PLX32-MBTCP-PND#related_downloads

and here are even some videos:
https://www.prosoft-technology.com/...Device-Gateway-PLX32-MBTCP-PND#related_videos

I have a problem on schneider side. I know what to do in siemens and prosoft.

The M340 is the Modbus slave to the prosoft master.

In the Schneider software add an ethernet network to the project by right clicking Networks folder under Communications > Networks in the project browser. Give it a name and then configure the ip address under the IP Configuration tab.

Next double click Configuration> PLC bus> (Your PLC model)> Ethernet. In the bottom left corner of that window make sure the Function: dropdown is set to ETH TCP IP and the Net Link: is set to whatever you named your new ethernet communications network in the last step. Be sure to hit the validate check box in the toolbar or you can go to Edit > Validate after you change these dropdowns and rebuild the project offline.

From there you would need to assign your modbus addresses (starting with %MW) in the address column of the data editor for tags to use in the M340 program.

Last edited:
The M340 is the Modbus slave to the prosoft master.

In the Schneider software add an ethernet network to the project by right clicking Networks folder under Communications > Networks in the project browser. Give it a name and then configure the ip address under the IP Configuration tab.

Next double click Configuration> PLC bus> (Your PLC model)> Ethernet. In the bottom left corner of that window make sure the Function: dropdown is set to ETH TCP IP and the Net Link: is set to whatever you named your new ethernet communications network in the last step. Be sure to hit the validate check box in the toolbar or you can go to Edit > Validate after you change these dropdowns and rebuild the project offline.

From there you would need to assign your modbus addresses (starting with %MW) in the address column of the data editor for tags to use in the M340 program.
I have configured as you said. what would be my %MW address in schneider plc if I want to read data from holding register 40021 and write data into 40045?

is it %MW21 and %MW45 respectively?

It's either that or %MW20 and %MW44 (offset from zero). I mainly use Red Lion HMI's which have a driver for Schneider Modbus specifically, but I think I remember having to offset the %MW registers with the standard Modbus Master driver.

It's either that or %MW20 and %MW44 (offset from zero). I mainly use Red Lion HMI's which have a driver for Schneider Modbus specifically, but I think I remember having to offset the %MW registers with the standard Modbus Master driver.
Thank you so much I will give a try