AB L72 File Size

carefulworker

Hi there. Apologies for the basic question, but I have not been able to find an answer online.

I am developing an application on a ControlLogix L72, largely using SFC, with some ST and LAD also.
The result is that the file size is very large, ca. 17 MB so far, and may increase.

Can someone tell me what the largest file size I can load onto an L72 is? I know there is an SD Card included, but I cannot tell if this can be used to store the code.

Thanks.

As far as the controller's nonvolatile storage goes, you're well inside. I've downloaded much larger projects without encountering a limit. Good question.

The SD card can be used for project and firmware backup. The shipped capacity is either 1 or 2 GB, so no worries there.

Ah OK, thank you for letting me know.

I have never worked on a program this big, I think it is bloated by the SFC Code, so was unsure. I read online that there is 4MB of User Memory available but I don't really know what this means, so was worried less than a quarter of the code would fit.

The size of the development file is not what you want to be looking at.

In your project file open the Controller Properties dialogue box. Under either 'Memory' or 'Capacity' (the name changed in recent software versions) you can see estimates of your current memory usage as compared to the total available for your controller.