RSLinx 1768-ENBT Backplane

eight_bools

Lifetime Supporting Member
Good Evening,

I've spent most of the evening working on adding a 1768-ENBT card to connect a machine to our enterprise network. The card is installed and configured, I am able to see it in RSLinx but there is no backplane when I click the plus icon.

I have tried updating the EDS file, and it looks like the card is already at the most recent firmware. Both were downloaded from the Rockwell downloads page this evening.

Backplane consists of :
Slot 0: 1768-L43S
Slot 1: 1768-ENBT/A
Slot 2: 1768-ENBT/A
Slot 3: 1768-ENBT/A (This is the card I added today)

Under module statistics / backplane tab it shows that it is in slot 3. I used another laptop and connected to the ENBT card in slot 2 and I can see the CPU and the card in slot 1 but not the card in slot 3. I do not have any screenshots of this.

IMG_0023.jpg Backplane.jpg

Last edited:
Well that's a bummer, thanks for clearing that up though. I will look into the NAT or pulling additional cables to transition the local device network to the enterprise network which is how they would prefer it anyway.