Simatic Wincc Flexible 2004 -->2005

STL???

Hi,
Our company purchased WinCC Flexible 2005 Advanced, But delivered was version 2004. Upon querying this with our supplier a second disk set was supplied - WinCC Flexible 2005 ~ Upgrade for WinCC Flexible 2004 Advanced.

Firstly i installed the 2004 version + licence key without problem, When the 2005 installer ran, i got a popup box requesting removal of previous versions of WinCC Flex - Great 1 hour wasted!

OK here's my question, has anybody also upgraded from 2004 to 2005? The installation performed correctly and i installed 3 licences

1. WinCC Flexible 2004 Advanced
2. WinCC Flexible/ChangeControl 2005 Advanced Upgrade
3. WinCC Flexible 2005 advanced Upgrade 2004 to 2005

But the program still moans about the licence and will only run if you use the temporary 14 Day licence offered @ startup.

I have installed/uninstalled the software now 3 times without success!!!!!:mad:

If you have also upgraded, does your licences differ from mine?

Thanks STL

So under the Automation License Manager does it (with the license key drop down selected) does it have WinCC Flex 2004 or 2005??
It has the 3 licences mentioned in my other post, i would assume that you would need the 2004 licence as the 2005 keys are upgrade, i've also tried various combinations of the three without success!
One more note- are you sure you installed the correct one (advanced, standard, compact) for the authorization you have??
Yes,on each installation i have installed the advanced version and the licences are for the advanced version of each software

hi there
uninstall WinCC2004 and then go for 2005.
all your prevoius projects remains undisturbed.
I had a smooth transistion from 2004 to 2005.

Hi STL.

You should not "install" the upgrade license, only the original license for Win CC Flexible 2004.
The license for Win CC Flexible 2004 must then be be upgraded to the 2005 version in this manner:
In the Automation License Manager, highlight the 2004 license and select from the menu bar "License" .. "Upgrade". You will be prompted for where the upgrade license is located.

The result will be that the 2004 license and the upgrade license disapears, and a 2005 license will be left back.

Note: Not sure, but it is possible that the upgrade license must be on the key floppy disk. IF that is the case then dont panic but simply move the upgrade license back to the floppy. Then do the upgrade manouver again.

Success!! (y)

Thank you Jesper - Finally i can make a start on my first project!

Regards STL 🍻

I see that you are an expert. I have a question if i want to move the license from hard to key disk is there any special partioning for the key disk? Or i can be able to transfer dirctly to a normaly formated disk.

Hi kovi838406.

The only floppy diskette where you can move the license to, is the yellow (sometimes red) license diskette from Siemens.
You can move the license to a USB stick if the license is of the type "floating". WinCC Flex uses the floating license.