COPY INT array to STRING

rroze002

Hi all,

I'm trying to populate a STRING with ASCII characters from an SINT array. My COP command is setup in the following fashion:

COP(BAR_CODE_SCANNER:I.ResultData[0],Bar_code,10)

What I need is the first 10 bytes from the BAR_CODE_SCANNER:I.ResultData array to be copied into the Bar_code string so that I can keep track of it in some kind of a table. Also I want this table to be displayed on PanelView 1000+ HMI.

Any tips will be appreciated.

Your target for the copy would be bar_code.Data[0]

After the COP place the length (10) into bar_code.Len

A String Copy doews these two things automatically.

I don't think you need to do anything with the length, but it is a good way to trim off the characters. If your destination is Bar_code.DATA[0], then it will only copy the 10 elements.

I'm guessing you were probably getting your 10 bytes plus a whole bunch of other garbage right? This is because the COP command uses the destination's size to determine the amount of data to try and copy from the source. You were telling it to copy "10". The destination string is 82 bytes. So it was attempting to copy 82*10 bytes (at least that is the way I understand it)

.DATA[0] has a length of 1 byte, so by addressing to that part of the tag, the copy will copy 10 bytes. The exact amount of data that you want.