Analog Signal & Digital Signal Explained

Ones_Zeros

Hey
I was wondering if you guys could explain to me how the signal flows on a analog & digital signal.

for example:
Explain the wiring of a 2-wire, 24v, 4-20mA transmitter that measures pressure that goes back into a AI Compactlogix 1769-IF8 PLC card.
-Can you explain loop power & how the signal comes from the transmitter back into the input card?
-Does the Analog Out signal work in the same manner? moving a valve position

Digital signal:
DI vs DO
-Explain the wiring on how a DI & a DO signal travels back into a 1769-IQ16 input card
and a 1769-OV16 output card

thanks for helping

Similar Topics

Hi, I have 7 years of experience as a maintenance / PLC programmer in a fairly old steel mill. I was the one who converted PLC2 to CtrlLGx...
Replies
Views
Hello, I was wondering if you guys could help explain to me how the wiring and signal on Digital and Analog inputs/outputs run from the PLC to the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a compact Logix plc and I have been task with configuring alarms into our SCADA when an Analog signal stops moving. The analog...
Replies
Views
I'm pretty new to PLC's, so forgive me if I use the wrong terminology and whatnot. We have an issue at work where we have a flow meter that is...
Replies
Views
I need assistance in the form of some example programs pertaining to analog read and write. Thanks in advance. Sangli
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom