CPU1215 and ABB drive with FENA-21

Nepiter

Does anyone have experience of coupling these devices together?

Devices are Simatic 1215 cpu with profinet, and ABB ACS880 drive, with FENA-21 profinet interface card.
I have successfully created hardware configuration at Tia v15.1, and I have managed to get some kind of communication between devices.
At fena-21, LED "HOST" is green, so it's ok..
But LED "MODULE" is flashing once every second->
Manual says: "Device waiting for PROFINET connection.
This may be caused by missing PROFINET
station name configuration or PLC is not
running."

At Simatic site, online diagnostics says for the module Fena-21 that module not reachable.
But I am able to change vlt ip address from the project, and ip changes also to vlt, when i download the project.
Also I can see type and serial number of Fena-21 card, so I think it is communicating somehow..

But CPU will not start and "Module" LED is blinking..

I think it is some parameter from VLT , but I do not know what.
I have done everything according ABB manual.. 🔨

I think for it to work, You need to set bit 10 in drive command word - Fieldbus Control Request. When You send that bit to drive, it will light the LED and enable the remote control.

I think for it to work, You need to set bit 10 in drive command word - Fieldbus Control Request. When You send that bit to drive, it will light the LED and enable the remote control.

So far, I am not able to send any control words to vlt. Because there is no communication. :unsure:

Better image of the situation: https://imgur.com/KA70UPK

Last edited:
Did you write the profinet name to the drive?
Can you see the name in online access?

Yes, I did write the profinet name to device. And I can see it in online access.
Also, if I choose option "LED flashes" in FENA-21 online & diagnostics window, FENA-21 MODULE- led is flashing orange, instead of green. :oops:

Your close.
What drive function block are you using?... ie telegram too
In other words ... how are you writing the control word?

Ok, problem solved!!

At ABB web site, there is multiple GSDML- files, and they are not compatible with each other.. I found this explanation from one ZIP file:

Updated 23.10.2017

GSD files to use for FENA-XX:

For FENA-xx version 3.20 and later (Needed for MRP and Shared device for 3.20)
GSDML-v2.33-ABB-FENA-20170914.xml

For FENA-xx version 3.00 and later (Can be used for 3.20 as well)
GSDML-V2.31-ABB-FENA-20150402.xml

For FENA-xx version 2.91 and earlier
GSDML-V2.25-ABB-FENA-20130603.xml

Known compatibility issues:
For FENA-XX version 3.03 and later
GSDML-V2.25-ABB-FENA-20130603.xml and earlier GSD files cannot be used with Phoenix contact PLC if setting "Run in case of configuration differences" is set to False.
GSDML-V2.25-ABB-FENA-20130603.xml and earlier GSD files cannot be used with AC800M.

For FENA-xx version 2.91 and earlier
GSDML-V2.31-ABB-FENA-20140901.xml and later cannot be used.

For FENA 3.11 and earlier
GSDML-v2.33-ABB-FENA-20170914.xml cannot be used

Deletin all FENA GDSML files from library, and installation of one selected file fixed the problem.. =)

But many thanks each of You for quick reply!! This forum is so 🍻