Citect dual monitor page can be changed on one monitor only

downriver_bob

Hi Guys,

The title basically says it all. We had a PC failure last week and after having the backup restored, and getting all the config correct again the one last thing remaining is while Citect will display on both monitors and control works on both monitors, when trying to change page on either monitor, only the primary will change.

So, the primary can display whatever page you choose, but the second monitor is only showing the startup page. If you try to navigate to a different page, it changes the primary monitor instead.

Any help much appreciated

Hi Guys,

The title basically says it all. We had a PC failure last week and after having the backup restored, and getting all the config correct again the one last thing remaining is while Citect will display on both monitors and control works on both monitors, when trying to change page on either monitor, only the primary will change.

So, the primary can display whatever page you choose, but the second monitor is only showing the startup page. If you try to navigate to a different page, it changes the primary monitor instead.

Any help much appreciated

If the machine failed the ini file may not have been in the backup that was restored, have you setup the Citect.ini parameter to enable Multimonitors ?

[MultiMonitors]Monitors
Indicates the number of monitors configured for the project.
Note: This parameter is ignored if the ScreenProfile parameter is used.
Allowable Values: 1 to 8.
Default Value: 1

Yes, I have checked over that. It is using a screen profile, and it is set up with 2 monitors.

Everything loads up and works fine, except when trying to change page on the secondary monitor. Whatever page is navigated to on the second monitor changes on the primary instead

Hi,

I am sorry that I can't offer an easy solution - only chipping in here to say that I have seen this occur before.

We had a Citect project that was first developed around 2007, I think using version 7.2. Initially it started with one monitor.

Over the years it was further expanded and developed until it eventually ended up with 4 monitors. We then had a failure of the computer, so when the project was restored to a new computer running the latest version, we experienced the problem that you described.

After talking to Citect support, they couldn't come up with an easy solution - their suggestion was that as our pages were based on old templates, we would have to change each page to a new template. At the time, this was considered a lot of work, and as such it was never carried out.

Thanks for the reply, it doesn't fill with me with a great amount of confidence. It sounds very similar to my situation, although the Citect version is the same on the new and old PC's.
Hopefully someone has some idea as to what is going on here

I believe the two screens are linked in Citect Screen Profiles, you just have to go to the screen profile you chosen and make linked screens option to None