Undocumented program changes

ValeoBill

Some help with an annoying problem, please....the majority of program changes (AB5000 platform) are being made by a contractor (a former employee here). His changes are not documented. I can tell from the "kb" stamp on the program file that changes have been made. Is there an easy way of determining where the changes are? The program structure has not changed in that the number and names of subroutines has not changed. If more clarification is needed in order to supply an answer, by all means, ask away. This issue - ongoing and unadressed by my "superiors" - is proving to be a royal PITA.

My thanks.

There is a logic compare tool, should highlight changes. You will need two copies of the program, typically whatever is on your computer, compared to the running logic uploaded from the controller.

are they in good standing with the company?

i would have purchasing write into their po that all program changes must be documented and that payment will not be completed until all parties involved with the changes and associated documentation.
just my 2 cents
james