ladder logic to fb diagrams

chanuajohnson

Hi all, i am an undergraduate student currently doin aproject, I need help i have no idea how to do what i have to do.

I am to convert the existing ladder logic from one PLC (mitsubishi) to another (Tricon). I am to use fb (function bloack diagrams) on the tricon plc, i.e. need to know how to convert ladder logic to FB diagrams.

Can you help me as to the process, in which i have to follow to get this completed.

but Kenmore

Thanks alot kenmore,

My problem with that is, first of all the ladder logic logic i am using has for example some initializations with registers, parameter initailizations, setting default values and what not together with relays , how do I capture that in a flow diagram.

See attached

Hope to hear from you soon

Can you define your project requirements in more detail ?

For example what form is the source plc code in ? (e.g. a print out, vendor specific files ?)
What will be doing the conversion process (e.g. a computer program, you ?)

How will the projects success be tested ?

Surely in your training you have been taught how to make a basic flow diagram!
Flow Diagram:

|
|
/ \
/ \
/ \
/ \ YES +------------+
/M9036 True? \--------|R20 = D2005 |
\ / |R10 = D2006 |
\ / |R12 = D2007 |
\ / |R21 = D2009 |
\ / +-----+------+
\ / |
| |
| |-----------------+
| NO (continue to next rung)
|

SimonGoldsworthy vbmenu_register("postmenu_127454", true); : I will be doing the conversion, and the original is in FB's on a mitsubishi and i need to convert to FB's on tricon

Lancie : I haveno training whatso ever, this is within the last 3 months i been new to this all vbmenu_register("postmenu_127454", true);