NT21-ST121-E and CQM1H-CPU51 connection

DavidNelly

Dear colleagues,
I am very new in PLCs and automation.
Now, I got a problem. When program in PT is accidentally erased by operator, I copied from the same machine and connected to the PLC ( CQM1H-CPU51). Now, the PT screen is stoped in program's first screen. Any connection setup for PT and Host PLC ?
I found in PLC program that host port is in host link.
Need to set up the same in PT ?
Thanks in advance.

Yes, the PT communications setup needs to be the same as the PLC port setup. Check the communication setting in the Memory Switch menu of the Maintenance mode, and match the communication protocol settings for the host and NT21.

How did you "copy" the application? With a memory unit or NT Support Tool? Did you check the setting of the PT Control and Notify area?

Thank you, P.d.L,
I copied with NT support tools.
I can see the following from PT configuration:

PT Control area:
PLC address:
H00000

PT Notify area:
PLC address:
H00010

Window control area:
PLC address:
H00090

Is it useful for settings ? Hope to hear from you, please.
Thanks

Check the communication setting in the Memory Switch menu of the Maintenance mode, and match the communication protocol settings for the host and NT21.

Have you done this ?

Check your PLC program if there is any reference to Holding Relay words 0 through 3, and if there is, if it is used to control the NT21.

So I understand the first screen of your application just "freezes" in other words you cannot open another screen by a screen switch button, but you do not get a host connection failure either?
Do the comms LED on the PLC Host Link port flicker?
It could be H0 is set to a value (in this case the current screen no in BCD) constantly, you should verify this in the program.

Hope this helps.

Thank again, P.d.L,
Your informations are very helpful.
Tomorrow,I'll do all what you suggested me.
Then I'll inform you. I attach screen capture of HR0 area usage. I am not sure you asked me for H0 is related to attached image.
Thanks again. Hope to hear from you,please.

Thank you very very much!! , P.d.L,
I checked in memory switch menu of maintenance mode,there was set in NT link mode, then I changed to Host link mode and this time, everything is ok.
I appreciate and thank you for your help.
See you