redlion 306 image

irondesk40

Have a question that I hope someone can help with.
I have created a project using a 306 display and on the main page I placed a image and linked it to a image on my laptop under My Pictures.
I recently got a new laptop and copied the display file to that new laptop and then downloaded the display file into a 306 display.
Every worked but the original image that i had placed on the main page that was linked to a image on my old laptops hard drive was not on the page.
I had to copy that image onto the hard drive of the new pc and then select the image on the main page and relink it to the picture.
Is there a way that when you place a image on the screen and you save the file the image is with the file?
I looked it over and can not see how to accomplish this if it is possible.
Thanks

On the navigation pane click on Display Pages, then at the top, click on Pages (to see global page properties). Then on the tab marked Images, have a look at the options available. If you want the bitmap to follow the project from machine to machine, change the "Include Data" option to yes, then use the other fields as appropriate for your case.

thanks
I also emailed Red Lion (Great Tech Support) and got the same answer.
Kind of made me feel dumb, i must have looked everywhere but there.

Have used hundreds of the AB panelview and Omron displays over the last 30 years and this Red Lion has been a learning curve but now after dealing with Red Lion tech support over the last few weeks Red lion is the way I will go on future projects.
Very powerful HMI, more features than I will ever learn how to use.

Thanks for asking the question; I was going to run into this next week and now I won't !

A lot of features in Crimson 3 are like that; it's not intuitively obvious where the options are placed, but once you know about it, it makes sense.

The context-sensitive Help launcher is still one of the best I've seen.

It seems every week I run into another feature that I've not seen before. There's a siren in there ? It'll play *********s*, for heaven's sake !

ha... haha.. I just saw that the vulgarity filter hit my post.

I was referring to the ability of the G3 to play RTTTL audio sequences.

This is a format invented mostly by Nokia to play the little musical routines when cell phones ring. Ring. Tones. ********s.

I'm going to experiment with that when I get back to work on the G308 tomorrow afternoon.

The ring tone thing is cool. Somewhere at work I have a file with a link to a good website for them.

I started to set one up to play "Boomer Sooner" and wanted to see if it would be possible to retrieve a football score and trigger OnChange, but having it go off in the office once every random 10,000 seconds was pretty cool.

I figured out the image storage features by trial and error, and started using their inbuilt management buttons.

Also, I found that if you need an animated bitmap with a transparent color so things show through it, you can import (drag and drop) png format flattened from Paint.net (or probably any other editor), I only tried bmp and jpg, but could only get a black color during the translation, and then tried png format and it worked. I don't know about the other formats.

Learned something again.

Thanks for all the tips Paul. Just last Monday I was trying to make a custom animated pump image and finally gave up trying to make a transparent bmp and set the image background to match the screen background, which doesn't help build a reusable library.

That makes three Crimson tricks I've learned from you in the last two weeks now. I owe you one.

You're all welcome.

I learnt me a-nuther'n today.

To run Crimson 3.0 in XPMode and perform upload and downloads via USB, I have to use the USB button on the virtual machine border, and attach each time I make a fresh connection.

In order to download over USB to the G3, I had to go to the virtual machine toolbar at the top and click a button called USB, then the option 'Attach HMI' would appear.

If a firmware update was part of the download (new G310), I would have to then go back to the USB button and click 'Connect Loader', then it would carry on and successfully download.

Now I can emulate and download on my Win7 x64 box, but I suspect there is a tweak to the USB settings for the virtual mode that may make it totally seamless.

I had a heck of a time getting the Ethernet adapters to work for RSLinx, licensing and being on a domain. I finally just made 4 of them of every possible configurations, then deleted the ones that didn't get used.

It was weird at first with one virtual LAN adapter that I could see one solitary 1794-AENT, and even browse to it, but no none of the other 200 odd devices would show up in RSLinx, but with two virtual LAN cards, they automagikally appeared.

Last edited:
ha... haha.. I just saw that the vulgarity filter hit my post.

I was referring to the ability of the G3 to play RTTTL audio sequences.

This is a format invented mostly by Nokia to play the little musical routines when cell phones ring. Ring. Tones. ********s.

I'm going to experiment with that when I get back to work on the G308 tomorrow afternoon.

I have a screen in the lab playing "Dixie". It plays everytime the Lab Tech hits the start button. Tech is from New Jersey so it has some "special" meaning.