Unity Pro XL v.11 Fatal Error - fdtdtmmgr.dll.config

aaronc

Hello everyone,

I am having a problem with my Unity Pro v.11. When I try to open the software I get this fatal error:

Unity Pro XL Fatal error
Impossible to load the fdtdtmmgr.dll.config file.

The funny thing is I can open and close the program for like 2 times after a fresh install but after that this error message would come up then there's nothing I can do except uninstall it.

I contacted our tech support here and they think it's because of the Firewall and Antivirus software. However even with all antivirus and firewall turned off (off during install and after install), I still get the same problem.

So am wondering if anyone else has experience this problem before and maybe has a solution to it?

I am running a 32-bit Windows 7 Pro on an actual machine (not virtual machine).

Any suggestion would be much appreciated. :site:

Havent seen this error. But why not download v11.1 (wont need an extra license). If you dont want to go this route have you downloaded all the v11 hotfixes?

Hi Chud,

That's good news, wasn't aware v11.1 is out. I have patched up a couple of hotfixes but that didn't resolve the issue (this laptop is pretty slow so I didn't get to install all the hotfixes). But saying that the other laptop running the same version without any hotfixes doesn't have this problem (a 64 bit machine). So it feels more like a compatibility/conflict issue rather than a firewall/antivirus problem. But I think I might move to v11.1 since it's out!

Thanks a lot for your suggestion.

Hi Eliaze,

Yes, haven't been able to resolve the problem...but sounds like v11.1 has come out so I think I might just move to that version. Hopefully I won't get the same issue. Haha. We shall see.

Solution

Hi all,

I think I found the solution to the problem.

The Schneider tech support here suggested me doing the following:

1/ un-install Unity Pro;
2/ Make sure the Unity Pro folder has been removed from the C:\Program Files\Schneider Electric\ folder.
3/ Go to the Registry Editor and delete the Unity Pro XL folder from HKEY_LocalMachine\Software\Schneider Electric;
4/ run the attached tool: UPCleanerV11;
5/ reboot PC then re-install Unity pro.

That clears all the old register values and deletes all related file. It seems to solve the probelm, well, so far so good anyway.

Maybe that's the standard procedure for upgrading Unity from older version to newer (I was upgrading from v7 to v11), I am quite new to Schneider software so I am not too sure.

Can't upload the Clearner program here cus it's over the file size limit, but you should be able to obtain it from your local tech support.

Hi all,

I think I found the solution to the problem.

The Schneider tech support here suggested me doing the following:

1/ un-install Unity Pro;
2/ Make sure the Unity Pro folder has been removed from the C:\Program Files\Schneider Electric\ folder.
3/ Go to the Registry Editor and delete the Unity Pro XL folder from HKEY_LocalMachine\Software\Schneider Electric;
4/ run the attached tool: UPCleanerV11;
5/ reboot PC then re-install Unity pro.

That clears all the old register values and deletes all related file. It seems to solve the probelm, well, so far so good anyway.

Maybe that's the standard procedure for upgrading Unity from older version to newer (I was upgrading from v7 to v11), I am quite new to Schneider software so I am not too sure.

Can't upload the Clearner program here cus it's over the file size limit, but you should be able to obtain it from your local tech support.

that it's ok to...It's nice knowing about these errors.