uninstall RSlogix

sweety616

I installed Rslogix 5 and RS Logix 500 on my desk top. Now I got a new lap top. I uninstalled the programs from my desk top but when I m trying to install on my lap top, I am getting a message that the install had already been used. Please help.

Is there a procedure to uninstall RS Logix

"activation" is separate from "installation" ...

you need to move the "activation" files from the old laptop back onto the original "master disks" that came with the software ... hopefully you still have those available ...

then you'll need to move the "activation" files from the "master disks" over to the new laptop ...

also ... it would be a good idea to post all of your questions on the "Live Q&A" board ... this is the practice section and not many people come back here ...

On the OLD computer, insert the Master Disk into the floppy drive. Open the floopy and look for a program named EVMOVE or EVMOVE32. Then execute it. It will search your hard drive for the activation. Once it has found it it will let you move it to the floppy.

Then remove the Master Floppy and use it with the new computer (again using EVMOVE) to move the activation onto the hard disk of the new computer.