RSLogix 500 activation

...you need to change the Folder Options not only to show hidden files, but also to show hidden operating system files (because Windows considers .SYS files to be OS files).
For that reason, I always change the "Folder Options View" on whatever computer I am using for programming to "Show hidden files and folders" and uncheck the boxes for "Hide protected system operating files" and "Hide extensions for known file types".

However the IT department comes through and changes it back and locks up access so that I am again dead-in-the-water if anything goes wrong. Nowdays, when it comes to computers, no one trusts anyone else not to screw up the system. That is propagated by all the companies advertising and selling protection methods - the result is mass paranoia. Grrrrrrr!:mad: Is it any wonder that I no longer go in to work unless they call me on some problem?

So-called PERSONAL computers will soon be so protected and so dependent on the IT department, that we might as well go back to using IBM 360 central mainframes with program submission by keypunch cards!

A month back i got he same error when i dropped my laptop off the desk.i simply started with the installation again .......................and that ask me for three opions.
1) Modify
2) Repair
3) Remove

Hi Ashish.

If Windows works OK (and it seems to, otherwise you couldnt get to what you wrote), then your HD survived the fall. Your problem can be that the PC was "shutdown" while some Rockwell software was still in use. In that case some file attributes remained in the wrong state.
See this post:
http://www.plctalk.com/qanda/showpost.php?p=244088&postcount=3

rslogix emulate 500 error

Hello everybody!

I have a similar problem but it appears when i try to open RSLogix emulate 500. The error´s message is:

We032
Fatal Error!
The copy protection license for the application could not be acquired. Error 2.

Any help or advice will be appreciated very very very much.📚
Regards.

emulate500error.jpg

New installation or old? Has it ever worked? Is the license installed? What kind of license - disk-based or FactoryTalk? Operating system - service packs, etc...??

Give us as many details as you can.

anybody have a rslogix500 with activation

i am also get the same error [the copy of production license for the application could not be acquired]

Last edited:
C:\ProgramData\Rockwell Automation\FactoryTalk Activation

You must be able to see hidden folder, go into this one and delete all the files. Restart the computer and try again.

RsLogix 500 Fatal error 2

I have using the Rslogix 500 8.30 from last 6 months, yesterday i had try to open it, i have occur error " Fatal Error, The copy protection license for the application could not acquired. error 2".
I have remove all the activation files & reinstalled the software & insert the activation.
But software not opening,
Please suggest me the solution for that.

Thankyou JesperMP,

I have discovered since posting that the software will run with the master disk in the floppy drive, even without transfering the activation. In my blind panic I wasn't thinking straight!

Seem to remember the software won't run like this forever though?

sir u mean i have to put orginal cd to remove this error and start software..!

You do have EMove activation?.
If so what happens when you try and move license from C drive to floppy, does it see all the licenses on C drive (i.e. you have activation on the computer)? or does it say NO licenses found?

i didnt move my licence,,i just install my licenced software a month ago,,,today when i open it shows this erros,,,

please respond to the question, is it EMove activation? and what happens when you try and move the license?, (go to rockwell software/utilities/move activation: you don't have to move them, you just need to click to do so, you can then cancel without altering any thing) this then confirms if you have the license on the computer and if we need to look at something else.