FTView 10 and ML1100 SLC504

Rippey574

I am having an odd issue. After upgrading to FTView-10.01; I can no longer see tags on a microlgix1100 and a SLC5/04 that is going through a 1761-Net-Eni/D.

I have tried deleting the short cuts and redoing them to no avail. I can not find any thing with Rockwell about anomalies.

Has any one had this issue and or know a work around?

If you have access to the Rockwell Automation Knowledgebase, the following might be applicable, AID29966.

Stu....

If you have access to the Rockwell Automation Knowledgebase, the following might be applicable, AID29966.

Stu....
I dont have a tech contract any more, but that appears to be a similar result

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/67485

{Browsing Online Tags of NET-ENI Connected Device

To browse online tags of a NET-ENI-connected device, perform the following steps:

1. Create a shortcut.
  2. Right-click on the Ethernet driver.
  3. Select Add device.
  4. From the NET-ENI, locate and make a note of the IP address. You will need this in a later step.
  5. Delete the NET-ENI device.
  6. From the NET-ENI Devices category, select the appropriate device. Important! If you're connecting to a SLC 5/05, call it an SLC 5/04 instead.
  7. To name the Device Address, enter the IP address of the NET-ENI (from step 4 above).
  8. Click OK. The device will be highlighted.
  9. Highlight the shortcut created in step 1, and click Apply.
  10. Close the Communication Setup editor by clicking OK.
Caution! When adding a NET-ENI-connected device to the Local tab configuration or on subsequent visits to the Communication Setup editor, do not browse the Ethernet driver. During a browse, the device that has been added will change to a NET-ENI, and the link to the online tags will be broken. If this occurs, you will need to repeat the above steps.}

But the oddity of the issue I am having it also affects ML1100, and the steps above did not change any thing. I know rockwell likes to force upgrade old equipment by dropping support in software; but I cant seem to find any thing either about non-comparability in any thing.

It will accept the shortcut. When you refresh the folders it will have the + like there is more. When you click on it, instead of a drop down sub; it just removes the + for the sub and displays nothing. Exiting menu, reentering and refreshing will bring the + back on the shortcut but clicking will have the same effect.

My laptop (win7) and sever (winserv2012r2) acts the same way. But a desktop with 8.2 will work. Direct apa restoring does not work from 8 to 10, making a new app and mocking a app with same shortcuts does not work either.

Hi Michael:

I found this while I was hunting for something else regarding Me.

Tag Browsing in FactoryTalk View Machine Edition:

When you first add the 1761-NET-ENI in RSLinx Gateway it should detect whatever serial device the ENI is connected to automatically. However, in RSLinx Enterprise when you add the 1761-NET-ENI it will not detect the serial device the ENI is connected too. Usually you may need to manually add the device. Pinging the ENI will reassure that the ENI is communicating properly with the PC. Once the Target and Local communication tabs have been updated click OK to exit and save the communication settings. It is recommended that the PC be rebooted to ensure that all the communications are setup properly the next time FactoryTalk View Machine Edition starts up. The tag browser should display the name of the ENI shortcut and all the associated tags if the communications were setup properly. If for some reason you can see the shortcut folder but no tags please ensure the ENI firmware is up to date and try the procedure again. Lastly, you may need to reboot before the tag browser will actually show any tags in the shortcut folder.

I am not sure if it will help you, but more information on the subject.

Stu....

Thanks for the follow up.

I did some more trouble shooting. Found the original apa must have been corrupt. So I reworked it and now it work on both computers exept for my sever.

Do you by change have any tips or tricks for running Rockwell software on Windows Sever 2012r2?

It seems it may be a permission issue or possibly a bad install, but reinstalling did not resolve the issue on the server.

Last edited:
What kind of issues are you having?

Does it crash on startup?

Does it try to run and then give you an Error?

If there is an Error, is there an Error Code?

At what point does it give you the problem?

Are all your PCs 64 Bit, or is it a mix of 32 Bit and 64 Bit?

Stu.....

What kind of issues are you having?
No tags or online items showing up in shortcuts for a micrologix 1100 and SLC5/04

Does it crash on startup? Does it try to run and then give you an Error? If there is an Error, is there an Error Code?
No
At what point does it give you the problem?
Trying to browse the Tag Browser on 2 of the 3 short cuts. Even if you delete them and remake them same issue.

Are all your PCs 64 Bit, or is it a mix of 32 Bit and 64 Bit?

The computer having the issue is 64 bit

Sorry for the delay, been hectic at work.