analog flexI/O to VFD

jcole28

View attachment vfdvfd.pdf

The attached files shows analog terminations from flex I/O modules to VFD. I have someone telling me that I should use isolated cards instead of nonisolated cards. I don't see any possibility of noise or ground loops. Why else would I use isolated over nonisolated? Am I missing something? Do you see a problem with the terminations? I am not familiar with flex I/O but it doesn't seem any different than any other analog modules that I have installed. There are also three 4-20mA devices connected to analog input card. The VFD is a 0-10v input. I don't see this being a reason to isolate though.

Last edited:

Similar Topics

Hi We're having issues with an FX1N-1DA-BD Analog output module. We're using an metallic contamination sensor MCS 1000 to detect particles. This...
Replies
Views
I am converting a SLC 500 to a Compact Logix. I plan on using a Compact Logix 5380 with conversion Kit. The problem is that the analog input cards...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'm doing some extensive testing and commissioning with a slew of new Emerson PACSystems RX3i PLCs. It would be convenient to...
Replies
Views
In this sample programming, what does U4 mean? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Replies
Views
Hello, I have a compact Logix plc and I have been task with configuring alarms into our SCADA when an Analog signal stops moving. The analog...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom