RSLogix tags

Go to your local scoped tags, select the edit tab at the bottom of the window. Select the tag you want to move. Copy with CTRL+C

Go to your controller scoped tags, select the edit tab at the bottom of the window. Select the last row (empty "cell") and paste it with CTRL+V

Go back to your local scope tag and delete the tag.

You can probably save a step by using cut/paste, but if anything goes wrong while pasting, I don't think you can undo it.

Of course, the above description is when offline.

Cut-Paste offline works fine. Online can be a pain:

Rename the local tag. Create the global tag. Edit all of the usages of the local tag to the global tag. Then delete the local tag. (The edit part could be longer).

If there is an easier way, I would love to hear about it.

Similar Topics

Howdy Everyone, We have an old machine that uses elipse scada for the hmi, and has a slc 5/05 plc,there was a bit getting stuck on from the hmi...
Replies
Views
I am trying to get all of the controller tags from a RSLogix 5000 project into an excel spreadsheet along with the style, data type and...
Replies
Views
This is a stupid question but I'm not finding a clear answer in the Rockwell docs and I don't have 2 plcs to test on... In other words, if I...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone I am working with a TURCK "Armor Block" which we are using with one of our machines. So I added the block to my I/O list in the...
Replies
Views
Is there a way to count the number of tags (including dot fields) in RSLogix 5000 automatically? When I export the tag database and open it in...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom