Freeware to read an Allen Bradley plc file

Can anyone PLEASE convert this project to PDF?

I've been reading this post and noticed alot of people posting up their code to get converted. I too need the ability to view my customers code to re-engineer in a different system. Is there anyone I can e-mail this project to to convert it for me? I'm weary of posting it up for all to download.

Thanks,
David

It seems I've stumbled onto the right thread for taking a look at my .rss file. We have RSLogix 5000, but it will not open a .rss, or at least I don't know how. I don't have a lot of experience with A-B software (10 years since I've really used it)

Can someone please convert the attached file (ACD, L5K, pdf, whatever)for me for use with 5000, or advise how I can use the A-B software I have to convert it myself?

If converted to .lsk then will it be convertible back to .rss after some edits?

RSLogix 5000 is strictly for the ControlLogix family of controllers; it cannot do anything with SLC or PLC programs except run them through a code converter.

To edit or monitor an SLC or MicroLogix you need RSLogix 500.

That particular program file is for a MicroLogix 1500 controller, so the minimum Edition of RSLogix 500 you need is "RSLogix 500 Micro Starter", part number 9324-RLM0100ENE.

There is a no-charge edition of RSLogix 500 Micro Starter, called "lite" or "free" but it supports only the MicroLogix 1000 and 1100 controllers, not the 1200, 1400, or 1500.

There are several different Editions of RSLogix 500. Talk to your A-B distributor before buying to be sure that you get the Edition with support for the controllers (MicroLogix or SLC modular) and functions you need.

Attached is a PDF format printout of that project file.

[Edit; Harry was faster, and probably in color)

Thanks guys, that was fast.

Were dealing with a MicroLogix 1500. It's too bad that super-expensive RSL-5000 isn't "backwards-compatible" to the 500, or that there's no interchangability.

(Guess that's why my A-B experience is so long ago - too expensive!)

I changed the processor type to MicroLoigx1100 so that you could open it with the free version of RSLogix500. Due to IO differences the program contains invalid IO references. The program will not verify and it will not work on an 1100. However, you can view the program offline, or export it to a .SLC file and/or cut/paste logic to Logix5000 should you want to convert.

Can someone help me to convert RSS file to PDF?

Hi community,

I will greatly appreciate if someone can convert the attached Allen Bradley SLC 5/05 RSS file to a PDF for me.

Sincerely,

Marius Vermeulen