VB Code in WinCC

nil9178

Hi All,
I have this following code attached which seems to work gud in Movicon Scada. Recently we have been building applications in WinCC & when the same code that worked in Movicon was attched in WinCC, it gave plenty of errors. Got a little feedback stating that it is as VB Code and it has to be in VB Script for WInCC.an Is that true & if so, how do I convert entire VB code to VBS.
Regards
Nil

First of all, you got to know that the data type of VBS tags is always VARIANT. You should find the VBscript manual in the folder :
“disk:\Program Files\Siemens\WinCC\Documents\English\VBScripts.pdf”.
The Wincc tags cannot be used directly in Vbscripts. They must be connected by means of HMIRuntime Object with the variables of the script. Here you have a small exemple of VBS .

apl.jpg

Hi,
Thanx for ur reply. But how do I declare the following in WinCC

Private Type Index
Tag_Time1 As String * 8
End Type

Regards
Nil

Hi nil9178

Unfortunately I am not very old in VB.
But I didn't find the Type statement in WINCC VBScript. I see that your programm takes process values and puts them into a file. I remind you that without HMIRuntime you cannot interface the WINCC with the script. There is a link to an exemple of reading and writing files under WINCC VBScript.
http://support.automation.siemens.com/WW/llisapi.dll/850338?func=ll&objId=26710654&objAction=csView&nodeid0=10805591〈=en&siteid=cseus&aktprim=0&extranet=standard&viewreg=WW&load=treecontent

Wish you Luck
Teckhno