1771-IFE no configuration after power outage

phuz

Customer got hit with the Nor'Easter and just got power back this AM.
Trying to solve a problem where they have (4) 1771-IFE (series C) modules that are all flashing green. I understand this means no configuration loaded, but with the PLC in run mode and the block transfers executing, how is there no configuration loaded?
Trying to save myself a road trip today, although it doesn't seem likely. Unfortunately, AT&T is having issues, so their VPN is down.

There are other analogs on Flex I/O that are reading fine, so obviously the program is still active. Not sure why these four modules are not cooperating.

Last edited:
Have you tried to go to program mode and back to run mode? (with key switch)

The block transfer read may be flashing but the block transfer write may only execute once ( depending on how its programed). Manually forcing it thru software?

Have you tried to go to program mode and back to run mode? (with key switch)

The block transfer read may be flashing but the block transfer write may only execute once ( depending on how its programed). Manually forcing it thru software?

You're probably right. These particular BTWs have a power-up bit (XIC) that energizes the BTW, but if the module is not configured, it should be triggering the BTW. I'm guessing this is the hangup, although without the VPN right now, I can't see. I'm trying to get the customer to get online with it first.

However, one of those four modules has a S:1/15 bit to trigger it, so I would expect that one to work, at least.

Last edited:
are the IFE modules all located in the "Local" chassis - (with the processor) or are they located in a "Remote" chassis? ...

and just to make sure - please confirm that the processor is actually a PLC-5 (specifically, it's NOT a Control/CompactLogix running the older 1771 hardware) ...

Last edited:
are the IFE modules all located in the "Local" chassis - (with the processor) or are they located in a "Remote" chassis? ...

and just to make sure - please confirm that the processor is actually a PLC-5 (specifically, it's NOT a Control/CompactLogix running the older 1771 hardware) ...

Haha, yes it's a PLC-5. All local I/O.

I cycled power, pulled all modules except the IFE, still had flashing light. Killed power, pulled the battery for a minute, re-downloaded the program and BINGO...it was back. Somehow something was corrupted and reset during a fresh download. We are upgrading this PLC-5 in the next few months.