SLC 5/05 Fault

Ive had the same issue which happens after a power switch-over from the grid to gensets.

I used to work at Toromont CAT Power Systems, This scenario is very typical in your application, my recommendation is, install a line conditioner or switch mode power supply in-line to your PLC rack power supply unit, that is from the genset side --> this is to minimize voltage shoot through in CPU internal logic power supply. Hanggang sa muli. Salamat.

Resolving Solid Fault Light...

Ok, after talking to a Rockwell Tech about this problem, he told me the simple 99% fix...
Are you ready for this?
The power supplies ship configured/jumpered for 240VAC (to prevent accidentally killing them by hooking them up to 240V.) But most folks wire them up to 120VAC.
If you check the AC and DC output voltages, they look OK. But the processor knows better.
Moving the power supply jumper to 120V solved my problem.
I don't know why they don't make the power supplies auto-sensing, it's almost a freebie these days...but AB is NEVER about freebies!

Hi.
I have the same problem with 1747-L553:

FLT alway solid red, RUN always off. Others (BATT, FORCE, ENET, RS232) keep flashing or off alternatively.

But sometimes(less then 5%) PLC starts normally.

Can anybody tell me what caused this fault?

Is it power supply related problem?

Or maybe there are bad contacts between PCB and BGA chips?