HELP Converting .RSP to PC5

Cjohnson9127

Is there anyone here who could possibly help me convert an RSP file to PC5. I have inherited an old system that I would like to get upgraded to ControlLogix. I am fairly new, and unfortunately my resources for these older files are pretty limited. Thank you for the help!

Last edited:
see if this helps ... I just used the default settings for the documentation ... let us know if you need anything "special" for your conversion ...

Last edited:
Thank you! I am attempting to run it through the translation tool, but it creates a file that 5000 tells me is not recognized as a valid project file. I am clearly missing something.

what version and platform are you trying to convert to? ...

the more details you give us - the more detailed we can make our answers ...

I am attempting to convert the program to run on a 1756-L61 version 18. I am just trying to get ahead of a project. I was under the impression that I could use the conversion tool to convert a PC5 file to a LK5 file that would run in Studio 5000, but when I do this my converted file will not open. It has a error that says the file I am trying to open is not recognized as a valid project file. Sorry this is my first go at this so I am not sure what information is relevant. Thank you for the help.

see if this comes closer to what you need ...

I got this to open on a V18 of RSLogix5000 for an L61 system ... the documentation is added too ...

NOTE: these translations are NEVER seamless ... you still need to go through this (pretty much piece-by-piece) to get things finalized ... there are a lot of opinions on how this should (or should NOT) be done ... but I think that this is what you've asked for ... good luck with it ...

Last edited:
here's a screen shot - just to show some of the translation "errors" you'll have to deal with manually ... (basically the "time base" settings for the timers, etc.) ... have fun ... and welcome to the forum ...

TRANSLATE_SCREEN.jpg

That is exactly where I was trying to get. Now that I can open on 5000 verifying the project and all should not be an issue. Thank you for the help!